PDA

View Full Version : How much to retrim seats?

marcs_sp20
25-03-2008, 02:53 PM
hey all,

Ever since picking up the new Hot4s mag last week, and looking at a Proton Satria with Blue Crush Velvet inserts in the seats, thats what I wanna do now to mine :p

How much do you think it would cost to retrim the seats over the grey parts of the SP20 seats (middle of the seat), and get the doors done aswell? Would I be better off doing the doors myself? What about doing the hoodlining??

Your comments are more then welcome, and please post some prices as to how much you think this would cost...

Marcus

bourbon
25-03-2008, 03:23 PM
i got my old seats in my suzuki sierra reupholstered...and i got it done cheaply at mates rates...that was $500 for the pair...but that was new foam in them and all new matterial...

so i say look around the $500 mark and then also door trims i reckon could be about $150 each...

marcs_sp20
25-03-2008, 04:13 PM
i got my old seats in my suzuki sierra reupholstered...and i got it done cheaply at mates rates...that was $500 for the pair...but that was new foam in them and all new matterial...

so i say look around the $500 mark and then also door trims i reckon could be about $150 each...

YIKES!!!

Im only getting the grey part done, nothing else, Just getting it put in,no bolstering or anything like that, cause i quite like the way my ass sits on the seat :p

I was thinking $400-500, not $1100, juts doesnt seem to be worth it...

I cant wait till tax time, me getting new brakes, CAI and interior do up :D

bourbon
25-03-2008, 04:29 PM
they would need to pull the seat apart to put it in...unless if your talking straight over the top...which i dont no if they would do...

honestly just call up a few places...the guy i went to he is a magician with upholstry... Carmens auto triming...hes in herbert st slacks creek...around hte corner from me...we had a him do our old hotrods interior as well and it was top notch...

zappy65
25-03-2008, 06:18 PM
we use him for work too, he is good.....and cheap too...

marcs_sp20
26-03-2008, 08:43 AM
they would need to pull the seat apart to put it in...unless if your talking straight over the top...which i dont no if they would do...

honestly just call up a few places...the guy i went to he is a magician with upholstry... Carmens auto triming...hes in herbert st slacks creek...around hte corner from me...we had a him do our old hotrods interior as well and it was top notch...

Yeah obviously they would have to retrim the seats accordingly...

I think i might talk to the old boy and see who did my brothers wagon to see what the costs would be...

DavoAust
26-03-2008, 02:03 PM
marc i think you read bourbs post wrong, it was $500 for both, not each, so more like $650 with trims (do the trims yourself, just be careful and go slow)

marcs_sp20
26-03-2008, 02:06 PM
marc i think you read bourbs post wrong, it was $500 for both, not each, so more like $650 with trims (do the trims yourself, just be careful and go slow)

LOL, im still confused, cause bourbs said his 2seats in his suzuki, but i assumed its double cause i also have a back seat to do aswell...:confused:

DavoAust
26-03-2008, 02:09 PM
ah ok. i would think the back seat would be easier to trim and maybe cheaper, it doesn't have the curves etc of the front. i think your best bet is to go ask a retrimmer, we're all guessing away here :)

i was actually tempted by the seat covers that were post up for a GB, but i'd have them customised like the mazdaspeed ones. the inly problem is i want white, it'd get so dirty :(

marcs_sp20
26-03-2008, 03:20 PM
ah ok. i would think the back seat would be easier to trim and maybe cheaper, it doesn't have the curves etc of the front. i think your best bet is to go ask a retrimmer, we're all guessing away here :)

i was actually tempted by the seat covers that were post up for a GB, but i'd have them customised like the mazdaspeed ones. the inly problem is i want white, it'd get so dirty :(

Ya, just thought i'd ask here first to see if anyone has had anything trimmed etc. I was going to post a thread on Boostcruising but i would prolly get flamed anyways, this site i get positive feedback from fellow 323 bretheran :p Im going to budget around $500 for the seats & door trims, and will prolly supply the materials... Only hard part is getting someone to do it while not actually losing the car for a couple weeks while its in being done.. that I will have to think of when the time is near.

I too thought about that GB, but seeing that they didnt have a template for the BJ put me off, plus i like the look and feel of velour over leather...

DavoAust
26-03-2008, 03:37 PM
you could take the seats out one at a time? give them the passenger seat and trims, then they take the drivers seat cover for a couple of days.

Rupewrecht
26-03-2008, 03:53 PM
Or there's a set of SP20 seats on ebay atm. Buy them, get them retrimmed, then sell your old ones.

bourbon
26-03-2008, 03:53 PM
best bet is get them to supply the material else they would charge you double on labour...they are running a business and need to make money somehow...

marcs_sp20
26-03-2008, 04:09 PM
you could take the seats out one at a time? give them the passenger seat and trims, then they take the drivers seat cover for a couple of days.

Looks like I will have to do that, only thing is that I would have to change the rails so im still able to drive with just one seat in the car, is that legal?

Or there's a set of SP20 seats on ebay atm. Buy them, get them retrimmed, then sell your old ones.

Saw them last night, but i really dont want to go thru what Noble323 went thru to sell his, and ended up giving them away...

best bet is get them to supply the material else they would charge you double on labour...they are running a business and need to make money somehow...

Very true, but I somehow think I can get it done with the old boys friend down the road, an ex QR worker thats retired and just upholsters for a hobby...

here is an example of the work on my brothers Gemini Wagon

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/874/050520062271ns.jpg

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/6084/050520062249er.jpg

Marc

marcs_sp20
26-03-2008, 04:11 PM
And again, how much do you think i would be paying for the material?

bourbon
26-03-2008, 04:12 PM
goto spotlight...best bet...find what you like and look at sizes and how much youll need...

marcs_sp20
26-03-2008, 04:18 PM
I didnt even think of that! God bourbs your a lifesaver, might even take me mum for a hoon 2moro night :p

bourbon
26-03-2008, 04:57 PM
only thing is i dont no if they do good enough quality stuff for constant sitting on and so on...

marcs_sp20
26-03-2008, 05:08 PM
yeah I was thinking that too, hopefully they will have some sort of car purpose material...