PDA

View Full Version : R emote Gear lever box fell out

Kevaclone
06-11-2009, 09:26 AM
not right out, it dropped down from it's original position, I levered it back up and it appears to just be held there by two tangs with rubber covers
is that it? or is there a bracket under the car that holds it in place??

Kevaclone
07-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Anyone?, need to fix it
Any workshop manuals available in PDF for download for the BG??

maztech
07-11-2009, 06:01 PM
I think the rubber bush under the car might be broken -- cant really picture what you mean, the bush iam talking about is to the rear of shifter under the car has a rod coming off what you described that supports hole system

Kevaclone
07-11-2009, 07:43 PM
I think the rubber bush under the car might be broken -- cant really picture what you mean, the bush iam talking about is to the rear of shifter under the car has a rod coming off what you described that supports hole system

Ok sounds like I need to run it up onto the ramps then
Lucky I still have a spare car for parts

Thanks

maztech
07-11-2009, 07:46 PM
No probs -- let us know how ya go with it

Kevaclone
08-11-2009, 11:28 PM
ok fixed it
used the shifter mount from the spares car
the plate that mounts to the floor has two rubber mounting blocks vulcanized into it and onto the shifter box
the rubber mount on one side was missing and the the other one had torn from the shifter box but was still on the mounting plate

The rubber bush on the gearbox mount(end of the long rod from the lever mounting plate) was also cactus which was probably the reason the gearlever mount blocks failed, correct me if I'm wrong, but that rod is for gearbox locating to stop movement?

Gear shift is much better now too, much more precise