PDA

View Full Version : Oktoberfest Suggestions Thread

KittyKatSmack
15-06-2004, 03:01 PM
Why not get this started early........

Bring on any and all suggestions and we will see what we can do.

Can I suggest that anyone wanting to attend Oktoberfest think about BOOKING the F1 now!

If something happens, and you can't keep the booking, I'm sure there will be plenty of people that will be willing to use your booking for you.

Last Oktoberfest, the F1 was booked out months beforehand.....

Just a thought.

Cheers

Nate
15-06-2004, 03:47 PM
october???? i will be down i september :evil: .... oh well i might come down ... by plane this time hehe

Dogo
15-06-2004, 06:54 PM
i have a suggestion...

come to MELBOURNE's !! ..|..

Cosmo Dude
15-06-2004, 07:01 PM
My thoughts;
1. Drive to Canberra.
2. Another Turkish diner (without the dancin').
3. Drink.
4. Get Drunk.
5. Wear a silly hat.
6. Get some sleep (Not enough tho).
7. Greasy breakfast.
8. Cruise and pics (maybe Telstra tower).
9. Drive home.
10. Sleep the sleep of the dead :wink:

Rupewrecht
15-06-2004, 07:12 PM
2. Another Turkish diner (without the dancin')

awww!

pr1mo
15-06-2004, 07:53 PM
yeah do something in melbourne. i think i could use 2 hands to count the number of group migrations melbournites have made up north

:P

Cosmo Dude
15-06-2004, 08:05 PM
yeah do something in melbourne. i think i could use 2 hands to count the number of group migrations melbournites have made up north

:P
Don't forget the 'nana benders.
We would need to put on week long celebrations to make it worth while for them.

Cosmo Dude
15-06-2004, 08:09 PM
Ooops what's this we crap. I'm happy enough to spend the weekend in Canberra cos it's more central.

dfvadr
15-06-2004, 09:02 PM
hey that might be the case primo but how many have you done?////////////

i thought we discussed this last time too that each year would be another state to be fare on all , i no canberra is pretty central to all thats why it gets the votes , so lets work out the place for it to be quik so as kitty said we have to book

i personnally wouldn't go turkish again i think maybe something different next time maybe chinesse , or indian, mexican , how about sum pics up on that mountain that looks over paliment house , maybe a river cruise an lunch on it

KittyKatSmack
15-06-2004, 09:18 PM
Great ideas odd12c

Certainly won't be doing the same thing everytime!!

I know a small but BRILLIANT Indian place.......

The River Cruise Lunch is something I haven't done before, but am more than willing to look into it.

And just because Oktoberfest festivities are in Canberra, there is no reason Pr1mo, why anyone else can't organise events anywhere else in this wuverly country of ours......

C'mon Pr1mo, get your event ideas happening for Melbourne, and see what response you get.... you may even get people interested in travelling down there, although I agree with Cosmic Rod in that the QLD'ers may need cheap flights to get there instead of driving... get some prices, find out how far you need to book ahead to get really cheap deals, sort out some cheap accomodation and get expressions of interest from the other "mexicans" as to who has spare room in their cars for your planned cruises and festivities whilst down there.

I guess that is the start of the organising you would have to do, but I'm sure you can put your money where your mouth is........

Can't wait to see what you come up with....

We are willing to return to Melbourne, and this time you might even be able to show up at an event hosted in your own state :D

tidy protege
15-06-2004, 10:09 PM
JUST A COUPLE OF SUGGESTIONS
How about a weekend trip up the coast from sydney and work our way upto the qld border the NSW north coast is a good road to travel and we could stop of at a couple of spots say the first night at port maquarie or coff harbour then on the the gold coast then make our way back dow the coast. The following trip we could go down NSW to VIC and have a look at the car scene down that way. The trip down to VIC would be better on a long weekend or in the holidays cause it is along way for the guys from QLD to travel

KittyKatSmack
15-06-2004, 10:23 PM
LOL

Just as far as the VIC guys to travel to QLD

:wink:

Aaron and I tried to do a Mega Cruise already, but forge ahead with it anyways....

Well all, lets get back on topic and focus on Oktoberfest for now.... if you have ideas for a cruise, why not start your own thread about it :D

Dogo
15-06-2004, 10:48 PM
dont get me wrong im just playing around. I'd be keen for a cruise to ACT again for oktoberfest. Unfortunately i have no idea what that time of year will be like for me but lets just hope im working a bit less.

Aaron
15-06-2004, 11:15 PM
I see it this way:

(+) Canberra is fairly Central
(+) Canberra has space - good cruising and small size makes accomodation proximity to envents better

With the planning improving between events (Kitty did a GREAT job putting Dyno weekend together, having learnt a lot from the last effort) things will keep getting better.

What a lot of people don't see is the hours of planning an chasing up of details that go into the prep. To give you an idea, just the run on Sunday took us 3 DAYs to test and work out routes, venue and catering! We tried different routes, different venues and all that trying to balance up to 100km on the road with nice curves, good scenes and something 'interesting' at the lunch point. Something unique!

Octoberfest will be similar, and like this time it will be 'better' than the last. We couldn't have done the Dyno Day Weekend without our locals (Osprey and Ball_08) stepping up to task and helping out, and there you have it - at least 3 "cars" to make it work.

Doing something in Sydney/Mebourne or anywhere else will requre local knowledge, stupidly big amounts of time and patience to manage a 'gaggle' of interstaters who don't know where to go, where to stay that's convenient to events or even where to get Maccas!

A.

KittyKatSmack
15-06-2004, 11:17 PM
We all know you are playing around Dogo :wink:

It's all good

Fingers are crossed here that you are available for the long weekend in October to come and party with us!

pr1mo
15-06-2004, 11:39 PM
hmmm as i was just mucking around in much the same way/reinforcing what dave said before me i am in some ways ok and in other ways have a problem with the following....

And just because Oktoberfest festivities are in Canberra, there is no reason MOOCHER, why anyone else can't organise events anywhere else in this wuverly country of ours......

agreed

C'mon MOOCHER, get your event ideas happening for Melbourne, and see what response you get.... you may even get people interested in travelling down there, although I agree with Cosmic Rod in that the QLD'ers may need cheap flights to get there instead of driving...

as would victorians going to QLD

I guess that is the start of the organising you would have to do, but I'm sure you can put your money where your mouth is........

Can't wait to see what you come up with....

hmmmm i detect a slight superiority complex....sure u may have put on a great cruise in the past..but egging somebody on and insinuating that they are incapable of pulling off an event of the same stature is totally wrong. the first thing i posted in this thread is that im availible in sydney in august nothing more. for a senior member to be egged on in a negative fashion in a club of which ive been VERY active in for almost 3 years i think is totally wrong.

We are willing to return to Melbourne, and this time you might even be able to show up at an event hosted in your own state :D

you have no ****ing idea what you are on about, i think ive missed 2 minor ones and organised a large majority of the rest over the last 3 years. id say atleast 20 or so meetings all up.
kitty, a bit of fun and games, name calling etc. i can handle, but knocking someone on their ass then proving that u know nothing about the person in the same sentince doesnt rub off real good

Nate
16-06-2004, 09:30 AM
i think you guys need a hug

Ball_08
16-06-2004, 10:18 AM
Guys...

I agree with Nate....big hug time!

My 10 cents on the topic - Personally i agree with many of the points Aaron raised. Sure i may be biased due to the fact that i live in the ACT, however based on the organisation, attendance and aftermath assessment of last weekends ACT Dyno Day meet....well its a proven destination for any meet.

On the other hand, if memebrs from another State would like to host a meet then im more than happy to return the favor and travel for the meet. However, as Kitty and Aaron will testify, you need to have dedicated ppl to run the show.

Only being new to the forums and attending my first meet last weekend, should we decide to have the meet in the ACT then ill be more than happy to join the 'organising commitee' and relieve some of the leg work for Kitty and Aaron.

Ball_08

Cosmo Dude
16-06-2004, 12:09 PM
Maybe state event administrators would be a good idea. It wouldn't meen that no one else could organise a cruise or social event, instead that the cruises conformed to some structure so people could get the most out of them.
I know that for myself I won't post a cruise untill I've driven it and checked the route and re-check the roads and maps a week before the cruise. Still **** happens and whole intersections get ripped up in the last week.

pr1mo
16-06-2004, 12:19 PM
yeah maybe u could have a moderator in each state for the cruises section who could manage any requests for cruises made by members. pending other events happening at around the same time, the event in question could then be approved or rejected by the administrator and left to be organised by the person who initially made the post. just a bit of sensible managment so we dont have something on every 2nd day :)

cheers mike

Vix
16-06-2004, 01:20 PM
*GROUP HUG*

now can we get this back on topic please... :roll:

tidy protege
16-06-2004, 03:41 PM
Im a big fan of a canberra cruise the area is pretty cool it has the best roads around and there are heaps of places to go.

platypus
16-06-2004, 07:00 PM
i'm happy with anything really.... but i was thinking to myself... (believe me this hurt a lot)

how about ocotober in the snow?? this would mean early october of course... and may limit the cruising too.... but if we can get a group booking of 10+ the concessions can pay off quite well....

i'm happy to organise something, i just need to know if your keen!!!

Nate
16-06-2004, 07:06 PM
i would be more than keen and so would krista but i dont think the $$$$ will add up in time sorry dude :cry:

Vix
17-06-2004, 08:48 PM
and we would miss Oktoberfest... i don't drink beer but it rocks anyway :D

dfvadr
18-06-2004, 08:11 PM
guys/girls big hugs kept it on a civil level ,this is why we get on so well we organise, talk about an make it happen lets keep a good thing good

now as i see it cruises if you can make it all well an god if not there is next time, as for organising well it takes a lot off effort by the person that does it , but if you havent done ur turn will come just ask ,put up a date ,sugestions we'll work it out together cheers peoples :lol:

platypus
18-06-2004, 10:00 PM
conscious thought process thingo again

MrShadow
21-06-2004, 04:13 PM
Depending on Uni load/Money situation, I might look at coming down for this. I may need a lift, as I'll probably fly down.

That also means some poor bugger will need to give us a lift to the aerodrom early in the morning so I can get off before the wether kicks in...

platypus
21-06-2004, 05:34 PM
which aerodrome? i can prolly do that mate

Cosmo Dude
21-06-2004, 06:21 PM
That also means some poor bugger will need to give us a lift to the aerodrom early in the morning so I can get off before the wether kicks in...
You castrate a ram you get kicked :P

KittyKatSmack
21-06-2004, 06:37 PM
I want what Cosmo's on......

platypus
21-06-2004, 07:27 PM
hehe esp since a wether is female... why castrate at that time eh?

Cosmo Dude
21-06-2004, 07:33 PM
:oops: a wether was a boy once :evil: but back on topic, this is starting to hurt

platypus
21-06-2004, 08:08 PM
oh bah... so beer hey?

KittyKatSmack
22-06-2004, 11:57 AM
Beer and Ten Pin Bowling are suggested so far.....

not at the same time tho!!!!

Anything else?

:D

dfvadr
04-07-2004, 04:57 PM
so when is this going to happen i want to pencil it in my diary an look at accom

Matt
05-07-2004, 10:43 AM
yeah me to i wouldn't mind goin to this

KittyKatSmack
06-07-2004, 10:16 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

How about in October?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nate
06-07-2004, 11:39 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

How about in October?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah give us some dates kitty ... dont pull a funny one ... i might jump on a plane if its cheap enough ... that is if anyone would be willing to drive me around down there

Nate
06-07-2004, 11:47 AM
$200 for flights .... WOOZ WOOZ i spent atleast that much in petrol between brisbane and canberra

KittyKatSmack
06-07-2004, 11:55 AM
I honestly don't know when in October yet... will research....

KittyKatSmack
06-07-2004, 12:09 PM
EPIC - Exhibition Park In Canberra
Doesn't have any dates listed on their website yet.
Keep your eyes peeled on the EPIC Website (http://www.epic.act.gov.au)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oktoberfest:
Venue: Budawang Bldg, Exhibition Park, Flemington Road, Mitchell. Traditional German music, dance, food and beer! Phone: 02 6295 9853.

http://www.smallguide.com.au/canberraevents.html

BigMal
06-07-2004, 01:16 PM
I would like to offer some suggestions. No offense but have done canberra quite
a few times now is always fun but I wouldn't mind something different.

1. Lets do Melbourne have not really done a proper mexican run with the group.
Its been thrown up lets do it.

2. Lets all leave the cars organise some cheap flights to Adelaide and trash the
joint !!! And then leave.

3. Something like Wisemans Ferry where we could rent some cabins, park the
cars and forget, and have a good old gassbag and pissup. The best time I had
at the dyno run was after dinner at the tripple whatever having some drinks and
a chat and a perv !!! Wont get the perv at WF but 2 out of 3 aint bad. Doesn't
have to be WF there are heaps of places like that on the water with cabins.

Regards

Mal

KittyKatSmack
06-07-2004, 01:44 PM
Great suggestions Mal,

Organise something!!

A big event every 2 or 3 months would certainly keep everyone together, and offer variety too!

Why not do something like you suggested for a Xmas Type Do?
Get the cabins and the drinkie poo's and have a Xmas Treat, with a secret santa and a nice din din's. We can all sit around afterwards rubbing our bellies and enjoying the nice weather and ales that go along with it!!

Love it!

As for Melbourne, I love going there, except for the hook turns, LOL!
Any excuse to give Vix, rupewrecht, Dogo and MrPayner the kersplatto stacks on hugs they so sorely need!

:lol:

Adelaide: Meh, I am going there within a couple of weeks for a funeral. I have family there and go there all the time. Can show you some great places in town for fun and clubbing 8)

BigMal
06-07-2004, 02:18 PM
I thought if we were trashing the place an innocent unbeknowing town would be
better :D Could be replaced with gold coast beat the schoolies to trashing it.

Summer does make it more difficult to book places by the water whether it be
north coast, south coast or out towards the mountains ala WF which is why I
suggested in october still a bit cold in the water for some. Happy to organise
something if there is a show of hands and a cash deposit.

If we want to promote more 1 group events maybe a buddy system should be in
place where if people fly to sydney then they get a buddy to drive them round in
sydney and when we fly to say melbourne they drive us round mixes people up
a bit gets people in other peoples cars you are not just driving around in your
car all weekend which is very little different to driving to work every day maybe
only just a fraction slower :D

My vote is still melbourne but could easily be swayed if there are any spring
wine festivals anywhere !!!

Mal

JynX
06-07-2004, 02:34 PM
Perhaps instead of going Inland, maybe head somewhere like Batemans Bay or even closer to the Vic border on the coast. Still middle ground for both states (as the general club population is between vic+nsw) and the run from canberra to bates is not too long either.

We should also not forget the people North, so a central coast event could be also on the cards which is a little more reasonable on the pockets for them.

Agree with Mal, we have done canberra a few times now and it is nice and convenient for most interstate members but we should broaden our wings and explore new places.

JynX
06-07-2004, 02:36 PM
South Coast is vry quiet also and generally pretty cheap. Find a caravan park and book the place out :)

BigMal
06-07-2004, 02:38 PM
There's a place on the water about 10km before batemans has cabins you could
get 4 to a cabin. Has a restaurant and pool etc.

KittyKatSmack
06-07-2004, 04:06 PM
Update:

Thanks for your enquiry. Oktoberfest is being held from the 22nd to the 24th of October this year however it is being held at Thoroughbred Park (Canberra Racecourse) rather than EPIC.

The racecourse is next to EPIC so no difference there, just further to walk from my/Tony/JJ's place!

It is next to the Kamberra Winery where we all met up for the Tidbinbilla Cruise.

BigMal
06-07-2004, 05:37 PM
OK so by the above it looks like its Canberra again then.

platypus
06-07-2004, 07:31 PM
central coast in the beer garden

KittyKatSmack
06-07-2004, 08:00 PM
I am just keeping everything up to date....

We have tons of time so it's not as if a decision has to be made straight away.

I like the idea of the cabins too though, don't let it go ok?

Nate
06-07-2004, 10:51 PM
yep well lets all get some ideas together then maybe satart up a new thread with some poles or something

KittyKatSmack
07-07-2004, 09:34 AM
Just a side note to all, I am more than happy to help organise stuff here in Canberra, and let people stay at my place etc
But I can't really help organise anything else at other locations.
(except suggestions for Coffs Harbour!)

I love so many of these suggestions, but I think before I do too much more for Oktoberfest, I need to know how many people will want to do it and whether or not peeps want to come to Canberra.......

I still love Mal's suggestion, but I am a bit worried that it might be out of my budget range :cry:

As long as whatever happens, there are lots if laughs and pictures!

:D

platypus
07-07-2004, 10:48 AM
mal i think i know the place your talking about...

i got a better idea...

Lake Conjola, whihc is a bit out of ulla dulla.... if we can get organised on this we can have lake side cabins, for quite cheap as long as we all group together

BigMal
07-07-2004, 11:29 AM
Sounds good to me I too am on a verry small budget.
Some of the best cruises I had with the X-Cyber club (Group that Danny
kicked out of Cyber Club inc. me) was when we drove as a group somewhere,
parked the cars, forgot them and simply spent half a day to a full day just
hanging out having a BBQ, sinking piss, kicking a footy around getting to know
everybody. Have known some people here for years and only spoke to them in
person for say 30mins. Would like to change that.
Can you check out the cabin prices the one outside batemans was like $110 a night
if you get 4 people in thats $30 each.

platypus
07-07-2004, 11:44 AM
well its gonna be like 6-8 per cabin, they have plenty of room, and there are about 6 lake side....

if we can get it organised it will work...

bbq is out side the place, but the accomadation is more or less a re-locatable home sorta thing.... i'm happy to stay there...

they also have some bigger cabins available.... my lil sister went there and it worked out to be around $14 per night

BigMal
07-07-2004, 11:57 AM
So if we get a show of hands who likes who doesn't.

Nate
07-07-2004, 12:11 PM
wooz wooz pick me pick me ... if someone wants to give me a lift from sydney airport to where ever we are going that is

mrpayner
07-07-2004, 12:32 PM
mal i think i know the place your talking about...

i got a better idea...

Lake Conjola, whihc is a bit out of ulla dulla.... if we can get organised on this we can have lake side cabins, for quite cheap as long as we all group together

There's also a place 10 mins out of batemans bay called "Murramarang Resort".. it's not too bad, a little on the expensive side and don't get any of the 2-3 star cabins.. they're caravans on blocks pretty much.

Website - Murramarang Resort (http://www.murramarangresort.com/default.asp?action=article&ID=3)

Regards
Adam

platypus
07-07-2004, 12:42 PM
adam, if you wanted to go down that far, you could possibly try the van park at broulee
or check this one out
Conjola lakeside van park (http://tol.aaatourism.com.au/details.asp?sit=1&sid=NSW&rid=30&aid=1&pid={82CE03 1F-B82F-4589-BC57-4D3758463434})

me and leigh have stayed here not too long ago in the standard ensuite section

platypus
07-07-2004, 12:48 PM
i might add we got heaps better rates than those advertised

Vix
12-07-2004, 03:15 PM
I have an idea...

for one of the days anyway, we know how it is all MX5 and ASTINA related...i was wondering if it could be MX5, ASTINA AND MICRA stuff...please....

i met up with some micra ppl from canberra on the weekend and i said next time we were in canberra i would call them...so please....can we do a joint cruise or something?

dfvadr
12-07-2004, 05:39 PM
i may have to pull out this one guys i have 8 shows between now an summernats so depending on dates i may be busy

platypus
12-07-2004, 07:38 PM
rod, we havn't even set a date

going on vix suggestion why don't we organise some karting as well, and involve some other forums, such as pulsar.org and some kinda lancer kids

dfvadr
12-07-2004, 08:30 PM
Thanks for your enquiry. Oktoberfest is being held from the 22nd to the 24th of October this year however it is being held at Thoroughbred Park (Canberra Racecourse) rather than EPIC.

ahb11m you should read the threds before suggesting see above dude
the logic here is if we are going to octoberfest you have to go wen its on not before or after dude

platypus
13-07-2004, 06:21 PM
rod, read the threads carefully
there has been soo many different suggestions as to where to go, that canberra still isn;t a clear option, and until this is set down (ie an oktoberfest "this is whats happening" thread) nothing is in stone

dfvadr
13-07-2004, 07:49 PM
well dont think ill be there anyway with so much coming up got to have some time with the family oct i think is 1 off the shows in canberra

KittyKatSmack
14-07-2004, 11:21 AM
ok, time to settle this once and for all.....

I will still be going to Oktoberfest, but whether it will be the AstinaGT Annual Meet or not is up to you guys.

If you want me to do organising and planning, let me know now, otherwise I will not be stuck with all the last minute stuff again like dyno day.

People are welcome to come and do Oktoberfest, Vix you can invite whoever you want to Oktoberfest, and maybe we can cruise too.

I just need to know what level of organising I need to do...

If there are any other suggestions, then someone else is organising it, not me.

sorry to be so blunt peeps, I am not ****ty or anything, I just need to know what level of involvement I will have....

rupewrecht, Vix, Cosmic Rod and Mr Payner all have bookings for floor space in my flat for the Oktoberfest weekend.

If anyone else is coming for Oktoberfest, then I suggest you get in quick to book the F1.

If there are any other cruises/events/places to go/stuff other people have organised, then choices for the members of this community is GREAT and I encourage it.

We will miss you and your blonde wig this year Odd Rod!

*hopes this made some kind of vague sense*

Cosmo Dude
14-07-2004, 08:13 PM
Can't agree more with Kittys post, if you want to go somewhere else or meet on an alternate weekend then that's fine you just need to organise it your selves. I intend being in Canberra for Oktoberfest w/e and would enjoy meeting with all of you again.

Vix
15-07-2004, 01:10 PM
same as what he said...even if i have to leave Dan at home :P

SehnKhan
18-07-2004, 11:52 PM
At this point in time I am unsure of whether I will be able to attend a meet outside of Victoria . . . I would really like to come up and meet some of the guys from NSW and QLD that I haven't met yet (Mick, Tony, James, Mal etc). I assume the weekend in question is a long weekend? If so then I _should_ be able to make it interstate, maybe whore with Adam if he goes.

Mizda_Mazda
19-07-2004, 08:07 PM
If ppl are wondering about accomodation, get some numbers up and i'll go 'round and check out some prices for you. I think the more ppl, the cheaper per head it will be. But from the sounds of thing, not many people seem to be interested.

I'll go to any cruise between canberra/wollongong/sydney given enough warning.

KittyKatSmack
28-07-2004, 10:51 AM
*Kitty makes a big space on her loungeroom floor for Boyd to share with Adam and Cosmic Rod*

SLUMBER PARTY!!!!!!!

KittyKatSmack
06-08-2004, 08:38 AM
Hi Mizda Mazda,

No one gets real thrilled this early in the piece, LOL!

It would sure be great if you can find out availability of Cedars and the F1, and post up prices etc.

Unfortunately my place is going to be full by the looks of it!!!
*grins happily*

I need ideas too, for a cruise and other things to do besides the Oktoberfest.

Odd Rod suggested an Indian Restaurant this time.
Maybe a cruise out to the Collector Pub could be fun too?

What do the Canberran's think?

I will be away at Coffs Harbour/GC until the 18th of October, so I might need some help getting the Oktoberfest Long Weekend Itinerary in order

Cheers

Mizda_Mazda
06-08-2004, 04:49 PM
Red Cedars Motel(2.5 star):

1p-$57-79, 2p-$68-90, 3p-$79-99

Motel Forumle 1(2 star):

2-3p- $54

I haven't called up about availabilty, I got the prices from NRMA accomodation. These are walking distance to Oktoberfest. There are a few other places beside these two.

I'm up for most things, given enough warning. I don't know anyother astina drivers here beside tony, but i've only met him twice.

Trav
17-08-2004, 06:55 PM
Sound's cool. I will have just landed on the 17th Oktober from the _real_ Oktoberfest. Let's keep it rollin' I say!!!

KittyKatSmack
17-08-2004, 09:25 PM
Hey Trav,

Long time no see!!
Welcome back

:)

Trav
18-08-2004, 08:59 AM
mmm - work has been a bit crazy. Doen't leave a lot of time for catching up on the important things.

It's good to catch up on the posts and happening of all you guys (and girls). Hopefully I get to see a heap of you on the Melb Cruize to Healesville!!!

If I am not too broke after my UK Trip, I would love to come up for Oktoberfest!!!