PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Front Brakes On A V6 Hardtop 1994

Noble323
05-07-2006, 01:23 PM
Hi,

Im going to buy some brake pads, most likely ganna be "Bendix Heavy Duty Pads" but wanted to know which shape is the pads ? cause they tell me theres 2 kinds :

Brake pad 1 Front :
http://catalogue.bendix.com.au/images/DB1287.gif

Brake pad 2 Front (Sumitomo Caliper) :
http://catalogue.bendix.com.au/images/DB1177_Inner_Outer.gif

Which one ? anyone please ?

The rears i know the part number already cause it will work with either on those 2 front ive listed above.

I dont wanna take off the the wheel and open the Caliper to see, but if anyone knows - that would help alot !

Astro Boy
05-07-2006, 01:57 PM
First question? Why do you want bendix? And what are they costing?

sandman_kar
05-07-2006, 02:13 PM
i am also pondering the same question.

Noble323
05-07-2006, 02:27 PM
Honestly, i dunno - i spoke to Bendix and told them my problem with there Advance Pads and how they sound like they were griding when you brake, and told me Heavy Duty should fix the problem, so i thought might as well.

I know theres alot of talk about pads, and lucas being good and very dusty/dirty cause ill be putting maybe chrome wheels and dont wanna keep on cleaning them a couple times a week.

And i cant think of any others that i can reply on ? Im still thinking of getting the original pads from mazda, but cost to much !!!!

Why what do you suggest ? cause i need them but maxium This Friday.

sandman_kar
05-07-2006, 02:53 PM
i got bendix General CT. I hope i got the rite ones for th front, cos he told me that they should be the rite ones. I can always exchange em

Astro Boy
05-07-2006, 03:07 PM
Honestly, i dunno - i spoke to Bendix and told them my problem with there Advance Pads and how they sound like they were griding when you brake, and told me Heavy Duty should fix the problem, so i thought might as well.

I know theres alot of talk about pads, and lucas being good and very dusty/dirty cause ill be putting maybe chrome wheels and dont wanna keep on cleaning them a couple times a week.

And i cant think of any others that i can reply on ? Im still thinking of getting the original pads from mazda, but cost to much !!!!

Why what do you suggest ? cause i need them but maxium This Friday.

Obviously, from the performance/noise side, i would recommend Lucas BUT, but i understand the dust is an issue to some people...

In general, Bendix pads are CRAP, and OVERPRICED!

I'd probably suggest Protex... Not as good as Lucas, but not as dusty...

Let me know what the Bendix are costing you and i'll see what i can do about the protex, cause i know not everywhere stocks them...

And as for BendixHD solving your grinding noise, they're a semi-metallic pad, so it sounds like you've just been given the 'shut-up' treatment...

Anyways, if you need them by friday you're probably safest going what you know for now...

CHiMPY
05-07-2006, 03:23 PM
i'll see what i can do about the protex, cause i know not everywhere stocks them

Don't suppose you feel like finding out prices for a 95 BA 1.8 hatch do you?

I need new brake pads and I am a little too lazy to have to clean my wheels several times a week so the protex ones sound like they could be what I want.

Astro Boy
05-07-2006, 03:30 PM
Protex are generally under $50...

Where abouts are ya? :p

CHiMPY
05-07-2006, 03:49 PM
heh.. I should really update that shouldnt I..

Im in Sydney.

Astro Boy
05-07-2006, 04:01 PM
Yeah, could probably do it for about $55 inc. postage to you door... let me know if you want them...

That's at a rough guess...definately no more anyway...

CHiMPY
05-07-2006, 04:10 PM
I want them.

I am on the hunt for some other parts for my car too.

Need new leads (well don't know if I need, but want) and plugs.

Also going to have to get the timing belt done pretty soon.

I should probably stop hijacking this thread.

Astro Boy
05-07-2006, 04:22 PM
Thats all repco/supercheap stuff...

I'll PM when i get the pads in, probably mon, you'll have them by wed...

CHiMPY
05-07-2006, 04:38 PM
okie dokie.

Astro Boy
06-07-2006, 11:27 AM
Hey do you know which ones they are or have an australian reference number for your current pads?

There's 2 (possibly 3) for the front, and 2 for the back... I'll send the most likely ones and if it isn't them we'll work it out...

CHiMPY
06-07-2006, 11:29 AM
nope.

someone else on here might know though..

Astro Boy
06-07-2006, 11:41 AM
Hope so, either way its worked out at $90 for the both pairs delivered...

CHiMPY
06-07-2006, 12:24 PM
nice.
now to do the rest of my shopping.

Astro Boy
08-07-2006, 12:06 PM
Hi,

Im going to buy some brake pads, most likely ganna be "Bendix Heavy Duty Pads" but wanted to know which shape is the pads ? cause they tell me theres 2 kinds :

Brake pad 1 Front :
http://catalogue.bendix.com.au/images/DB1287.gif

Brake pad 2 Front (Sumitomo Caliper) :
http://catalogue.bendix.com.au/images/DB1177_Inner_Outer.gif

Which one ? anyone please ?

The rears i know the part number already cause it will work with either on those 2 front ive listed above.

I dont wanna take off the the wheel and open the Caliper to see, but if anyone knows - that would help alot !

I now too wish to know the answer to this question! :p

Obviously the two pads are completely different, with the sumitomo pad square at the top, with holes in it!

BTW... If anybody wants protex brake pads $50 a pair, or $90 for both front and back, express posted anywhere in Aus! Not as good as Lucas in outright performance, but they don't dust up anywhere near as much... Compared to Bendix they'd perform between Advance and Heavy Duty...