AstinaGT Forums

AstinaGT Forums (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Queensland (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   eoi : final showdown - 323 v corolla drag warz (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6408)

BigBoyLemonade 05-07-2006 09:47 PM

Pics!!! I demand pics I would love to get up some corolla fan boys!

LordWorm 05-07-2006 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xedos
Pics!!! I demand pics I would love to get up some corolla fan boys!

Andy gave them a pounding last time...but we got told off for "cheating" with weight reduction and drag "slicks".

now they know we're all doing it...they can do the same, or not, either way no whinging =)

bourbon 05-07-2006 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordWorm
Andy gave them a pounding last time...but we got told off for "cheating" with weight reduction and drag "slicks".

now they know we're all doing it...they can do the same, or not, either way no whinging =)

dont start this again!!! :mad:

LordWorm 05-07-2006 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bourbon
dont start this again!!! :mad:

i thought the whole point of this was to start it again :D :D :D

DeZZar 06-07-2006 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twilightprotege
will be interesting to watch you race derrick.

will be interesting trying again. I hope no expectations are set - I'm pretty average at drag racing lol....hopefully will do better this time.

ecu was all sorted today!! :D :D

twilightprotege 07-07-2006 07:32 AM

glad it's all sorted - now race! :D

i've got a few things up my sleeve to bring to the drag day. would be amazing if i got a pb with a stuffed gearbox (and if that's the case the GB will be coming out the next day to fix!)

DeZZar 07-07-2006 09:10 AM

me to! had been dragging on for just about 3 months now.

Don't suppose anyone has some spare sticky front wheels I could borrow? :p (that fit over sp23 brakes?)

was thinking of trying to get some stock 16's or something....

twilightprotege 07-07-2006 09:14 AM

i know my wheels and tyres fit over the sp23 brakes. maybe kurtles and you can buy a set of 4 and take 2 each?

if all goes to plan, i might even be forcing my induction for the racing ;)

DeZZar 07-07-2006 09:22 AM

hmmm....how much they worth a set?

twilightprotege 07-07-2006 09:44 AM

depends on availability. i got an absolute bargain getting the pair for $400, but dont expect that. prob more around $800 for the pair. they are 15x7.5 just fyi

LordWorm 07-07-2006 03:09 PM

Quote:

i know my wheels and tyres fit over the sp23 brakes. maybe kurtles and you can buy a set of 4 and take 2 each?

if all goes to plan, i might even be forcing my induction for the racing ;)

Twiggycharger =)

edit: final piece of bent pipe for the twiggycharger was just collected. If it fits together, you'll have those sportivos eating dust =)

Edit again: I am going to tell B3Motorsport's resident photo wh0re to bring his digi cams and video camera again. We'll have the incar camera bracket there and hopefully refined to make it a little more elegant.. So anyone with a BJ (though should fit on a BK also), if you want an incar video of a pass, it can be arranged.

Going to give TERRA Operative some extra batteries, and at least one other digi cam, and i expect all memory cards to be filled to the max with burnouts that flick hot rubber on a certain silver sportivo ;)

SILVABULLIT 09-07-2006 02:31 PM

Quote:

Twiggycharger =)

edit: final piece of bent pipe for the twiggycharger was just collected. If it fits together, you'll have those sportivos eating dust =)

Edit again: I am going to tell B3Motorsport's resident photo wh0re to bring his digi cams and video camera again. We'll have the incar camera bracket there and hopefully refined to make it a little more elegant.. So anyone with a BJ (though should fit on a BK also), if you want an incar video of a pass, it can be arranged.

Going to give TERRA Operative some extra batteries, and at least one other digi cam, and i expect all memory cards to be filled to the max with burnouts that flick hot rubber on a certain silver sportivo ;)

What???? You gonna have people throwing it at me as I go down the track?? Cause you know I'll be in front of you so that's certainly not possible from Twiggy wanna be hehehehehe:p :p

LordWorm 09-07-2006 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SILVABULLIT
What???? You gonna have people throwing it at me as I go down the track?? Cause you know I'll be in front of you so that's certainly not possible from Twiggy wanna be hehehehehe:p :p

Burnout. We're side by side.
And according to the timeslip, i was all over you to about the 330foot marker (and definantly over 60 feet).

=)

I wont be packing much more than last time. Should be under 16s now... headers are on hold due to shoddy suppliers - takes 3 weeks to get a quote and then anotehr 3 to get anything made.

got clutch? you actually racing this time?

LordWorm 10-07-2006 03:28 PM

<<<<<BBQ CANCELED>>>>>

Sorry guys, had to pull the pin on the BBQ this time - Mrs needs the car right up until race time just about. If anyone else wants to run a BBQ, be my guest!

However, for those that don't want to, schedule will be as follows:

Arrive Goodna BP 2:45PM - check tyres, fuel etc.

Leave Goodna BP 3:00PM SHARP

Arrive Willowbank 3:30PM.

This will guarentee us a decent spot etc (hopefully up on the concrete).

Cruises to the event at your own discression. All cruises should arrive at Goodna BP no later than 2:45 else you risk being left behind.

SILVABULLIT 10-07-2006 06:32 PM

Quote:

Burnout. We're side by side.
And according to the timeslip, i was all over you to about the 330foot marker (and definantly over 60 feet).

=)

I wont be packing much more than last time. Should be under 16s now... headers are on hold due to shoddy suppliers - takes 3 weeks to get a quote and then anotehr 3 to get anything made.

got clutch? you actually racing this time?

No clutch yet as I only got back from overseas on the weekend and yes you were beating me off the line but I like to call it " A Sporting Chance" :p :p :p

LordWorm 10-07-2006 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SILVABULLIT
No clutch yet as I only got back from overseas on the weekend and yes you were beating me off the line but I like to call it " A Sporting Chance" :p :p :p

oh so thats what the kids are calling a crappy launch now? hahahaha

now your back... flick us an email regarding those pms and let us know what you think mate..

we can chat about it some on saturday.

SILVABULLIT 10-07-2006 07:58 PM

Quote:

oh so thats what the kids are calling a crappy launch now? hahahaha

now your back... flick us an email regarding those pms and let us know what you think mate..

we can chat about it some on saturday.

too easy mate :)

twilightprotege 10-07-2006 10:37 PM

so clutch is going to be the excuse this time? ;) ;) ;)

twilightprotege 11-07-2006 07:41 AM

how many are seriously going this time?

agt guys?

tocow guys?

tocow guys, exactly the same as last time, are dropping out. WEE WEE claims the reason he is piking this time is, and i quote, "im a best man at my gf's cousins wedding". yeah, like he didnt know he was going to be the best man until last night. the sydney babies havent made the trip up here as they initially promised. how many more are going to drop out before saturday???

LordWorm 11-07-2006 08:40 AM

Quote:

how many are seriously going this time?

agt guys?

tocow guys?

tocow guys, exactly the same as last time, are dropping out. WEE WEE claims the reason he is piking this time is, and i quote, "im a best man at my gf's cousins wedding". yeah, like he didnt know he was going to be the best man until last night. the sydney babies havent made the trip up here as they initially promised. how many more are going to drop out before saturday???

Prob just end up you and me at the end again mate, as per usual...hahaha..

SB wont race without clutch (at least he said that from the beginning) and going by the cruise rule of thumb...only 75% of those who confirm they will be there will turn up.

Oh well..