AstinaGT Forums

AstinaGT Forums (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction & Engine Conversions (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   ABOUT: guide to Mazda V6 engine types + specifications (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3406)

CRA23 07-02-2005 12:28 PM

Quote:

flat top pistons in the ZE(compression ratio 10:1) as compared to the dished tops in the DE (compression ratio 9.2:1
is this true for the Kf's? cos every where ive looked at specs for the Kf it all says it is 10:1, the in the specs on the amin paeg of this site says it is 10:1 an all the japanese sites with specs says theres are 10:1 too

boostedbatman 09-02-2005 06:23 AM

Sorry Tim I was referring to the KL ( its the reason for the 40hp diff in the engines) compared to the 20 hp diff in the KF

boostedbatman 09-02-2005 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boostedbatman
Taking ou a 1.8 and putting in a 2.5 is just asking for trouble 4-->6 cyl how fat can one mans wallet be
The swap is only plausable for those with the KF to go to the KL
The differenes between the DE and the ZE are as follows
1: flat top pistons in the ZE(compression ratio 10:1) as compared to the dished tops in the DE (compression ratio 9.2:1)
2: camshafts KL-31 in ZE (max power @6500rpm) and KL-01 in DE (max power @6000rpm)
3: intake ports in ZE heads are square and are oval shaped in the DE (comparasin)
4: Intake manifold in ZE has a long neck or a curved neck and larger internal dimeter to LHS merge (after VRIS) compared to the short neck on the DE
5: ECU is different between the two engines
6: And there are differences in the Airflow meter

Thats about all I can come up with for now so if thats not good enough then poo to you all.

Updated with hyperlinks to pics

CRA23 09-02-2005 04:01 PM

i just look on my owners manual(would have never thought of looking there to tell me this) and it says the KF has a comp ratio of 9.5:1 and it says the stroke is 69.6 not 69.9 as it says every where else on the internet...

tim

boostedbatman 10-02-2005 05:56 AM

hmmm
funny that

skippy 12-02-2005 01:44 PM

just wondering would we call our engine a V6 2.0l QOHC? QC?

Mr MX6 12-02-2005 09:54 PM

It is a funny set up . .it could even be argued that it is not a true quod cam..
I’m sure you know one cam drives the other .. not like they are completely separate..
But if you ask me.. 4 metal sticks .. it’s a quod cam..lol

I when asked about our motor refer to it as an All alloy 24 valve quad cam multy point fuel injected 2.5 V6 (or whatever) with VIRS (viable resonance intake system) ..
Quite a mouth full.. but accurate..

Cosmo Dude 14-02-2005 08:31 PM

In Japan they have many icy roads so traction is important.
All jap-spec Eunos 500s come with LSD :eek:

Don't worry all good Mazda wreckers already know this :( but eh, it's their job.

boostedbatman 15-02-2005 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmo Dude
In Japan they have many icy roads so traction is important.
All jap-spec Eunos 500s come with LSD :eek:

Don't worry all good Mazda wreckers already know this :( but eh, it's their job.

Also can be found in the JDM Lantis and the JDM Eunos 800 dont know what percentage had the LSD though, it was an optional extra for most of the cars

CRA23 15-02-2005 11:45 PM

so these will fit in to our cars with no problems?? and what sort of lsds are they vicous or somehting else??

boostedbatman 16-02-2005 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pope|z0r
so these will fit in to our cars with no problems?? and what sort of lsds are they vicous or somehting else??

They will fi with no problems but I am still searching for more info on the type of LSD. As you would know with the v6 it can take countless hours on the net to find 10 seconds of useful info

CRA23 16-02-2005 03:55 PM

i will go the mazda wreaker on the gold coast on the weekend while im up there and see if they have any more info and have any and i will get a price if they ca get them..

boostedbatman 17-02-2005 05:21 AM

Supersweet

CRA23 17-02-2005 10:00 PM

ive now been searching for the lsd now since i found out we could get one :) and these are the results i can up with...

the lantis's as an option came with a "screw refuse" lsd i have never heard of this type before. but i did a search on that and all i came up with is this

"The system which restricts the differential motion of the left and right driving wheel the screw refuse coupling (the multiple disc clutches) due to function, transmits power of the engine to the road surface without wastefulness. It improves takeoff characteristic and travelling stability"

and i also found out that some type r's came with a rear strut brace

wiredone 18-02-2005 03:26 AM

Your forgetting that some 626's and mx6's (non lantis shape) came with the 2.0L FSDE the same as the 02 sp20 just with slight changes (igniton, ECU etc...)

skippy 22-02-2005 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr MX6
it as an All alloy 24 valve quad cam multy point fuel injected 2.5 V6 (or whatever) with VIRS (viable resonance intake system) ..
Quite a mouth full.. but accurate..

Hmm wonder if the leads I picked up on the weekend will be alright??

got some Splitfire leads made for me,
after I picked them up noticed they where specified as V6 24V 2.0L DOHC

boostedbatman 22-02-2005 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skippy

No problems they are correct its just some places only refer to the Cams per bank

v666 05-03-2005 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boostedbatman
Taking ou a 1.8 and putting in a 2.5 is just asking for trouble 4-->6 cyl how fat can one mans wallet be
The swap is only plausable for those with the KF to go to the KL
The differenes between the DE and the ZE are as follows
1: flat top pistons in the ZE(compression ratio 10:1) as compared to the dished tops in the DE (compression ratio 9.2:1)
2: camshafts KL-31 in ZE (max power @6500rpm) and KL-01 in DE (max power @6000rpm)
3: intake ports in ZE heads are square and are oval shaped in the DE (comparasin)
4: Intake manifold in ZE has a long neck or a curved neck and larger internal dimeter to LHS merge (after VRIS) compared to the short neck on the DE
5: ECU is different between the two engines
6: And there are differences in the Airflow meter

Thats about all I can come up with for now so if thats not good enough then poo to you all.

thats really interesting, does this show differences between fkde/kfze or does this only apply to kl engine?

boostedbatman 06-03-2005 04:51 AM

The differences are the same with both th KF and KL engines just that the KL has a slightly different compression ratio. So you should be able to freely use the info in this thread to keep your demons happy

Mr MX6 11-03-2005 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skippy

the 2 ltr ones are shorter and go over the intake neck .. the 2.5 are longer and go around the left side to the back ..