AstinaGT Forums

AstinaGT Forums (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Queensland (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   State of origin (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14434)

karamello 02-06-2009 01:00 PM

for me theres only one real football and thats the one where you actually use your feet for more than running..

its all just the way you grow up i suppose

Sodzy 02-06-2009 02:47 PM

I may be a kiwi but ...GO THE MIGHTY MAROONS! :D

lowrider 02-06-2009 09:34 PM

yay lol more maroon's supporters then BLUES

rodhog 02-06-2009 10:16 PM

well I have to say this

FOOTBALL = You use your FOOT to move the BALL AKA foot BALL.

tecnically correct.

Soccer is the more correct term for anywhere Football was no established as a major sport.

In Australia

QLD and NSW have been Majority Rubgy League

victoria is the home of AFL or Aussie RULES.
The rest majority do follow the AFL.

But just like in Sydney where some old die hard areas were pure Rugby league they now hold more Swans flags during the finals.

Same goes and will for Melbourne you will get the small by comparisson NRL fans - because you will have people who move and other who might have gorwn up on it etc.

As for the all them union Fags.

Rugby Union is majority WANKER BASED - or uppper snob based - irony is the it's Silvertailed wannabes who play it. It is a university game but The average working class Australian loves his NRL or AFL.

Then you have our Western Australian friends who have a large South african base to them and they love the Rugby - never be as big as the AFL and they are just silly for Adding more teams. Everytime they do in the Super 14 they weaken Australian sides.

There are more rival codes NRL and AFL junior teams in in either home state of VIC /NSW then Rugby because it's a Uni based game.

Every AFL platyer I meet back in the day was true to old school League working class bloke.
In fact the most obvious being the fact as much as you have to be fit, You can just about be a anybody and play the game at it's highest level.

here is tip for the betting people

take NSW at 1-6 and QLD at 13-18

Ice88 03-06-2009 12:23 AM

Union > NRL > AFL

Dont really follow either of them. Only games i watch are prolly Aus vs * or State of Origin.

Cricket ftw!

On topic:
Ill be at uni doing an assignment tomorrow rather then SoO

marcs_sp20 03-06-2009 10:04 PM

Gotta say what a magic game, 28-18 and even a try in the 81st minute (seeing the try was awarded after the siren went off).

A great game played by both teams, bring on game 2! :D:D:D:D

and I'll say it again..

QUEENSLANDER

zappy65 03-06-2009 10:11 PM

WHO CARES>>>>Footballs for F@gs!!!!!....yeah Soccer too!!!!!

But NSW is better....

rodhog 03-06-2009 10:24 PM

Stupid Queenslanders can't you win by 13+ with a whole Australian team once nsw was in with in 6 points I turn off.

lowrider 04-06-2009 12:37 PM

whats it matter, we won anyway lol, the 1st game that is

bourbon 04-06-2009 12:58 PM

you qlders thought yas were gonna romp us all... :p

70NYD 04-06-2009 02:13 PM

im guessing it matters cus he was beting by how much the difference will be :(

rodhog 04-06-2009 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70NYD (Post 197715)
im guessing it matters cus he was beting by how much the difference will be :(

Correct. A true NSW MAN knows how to make money out of Nothing.
Typical QLD shafting us again. Oh well does not matter, we still got the Bridge opera house and We know how to drive. Unlike that M1 4 lanes of 80km/h slow ass camrys and landcruisers

marcs_sp20 04-06-2009 05:35 PM

Just admit it Rod, you lost, boo hoo, there is another 2 games so it anyones game still...

haha, i'd rather drive at 80 on the M1 then drive on the potholed littered road of sydney any day..

70NYD 04-06-2009 06:24 PM

i dont wanna start a fued, but the one time i actually drove in sydney, meant to be the biggest and best, most advanced city in australia, the roads were pretty bad, and the worst ones were the ones going to the airport, which doesnt tell much to foreigners wisiting here and leaving their money here :p M1 is only 80km/hour now cus we are getting a new surface :p the old one as still years better than the roads i drove through in sydney thou :p

mussing 04-06-2009 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcs_sp20 (Post 197748)
haha, i'd rather drive at 80 on the M1 then drive on the potholed littered road of sydney any day..

A perfect assessment of the quality of Sydney roads. In fact I even discovered a brand new pothole on my way to uni today.

Sodzy 04-06-2009 07:19 PM

good to see the mighty MAROONS take out the first game in the series last night!.. :D
.....and on the roading issue, from my experience Sydney's roads and majority of drivers are bloody terrible - excluding astina drivers of course! ;) .. everywhere ive been in QLD is tops.. :cool:

now ill sit back and watch as the insults fly from NSW'men about how the kiwi should stick to ram rooting and sheep shagging and not commenting on the poor state of NSW roads. ..... :p

marcs_sp20 24-06-2009 06:52 AM

Tis going to be another great game tonight, but who will take it out?

Im guessing that NSW will win this, dunno why, just have that feeling..

marcs_sp20 24-06-2009 10:16 PM

QUEENSLANDER!!!!

What a game, a real nail biter right to the end!!

rodhog 24-06-2009 10:43 PM

ah ther 7-12 on QLD - series win QLD first 2 games AH all is fixed now.

Yes I love NSW but Winning for money is alot better. As I said - it's the Australian rugby leauge team as if it wont' win ? hello.

oh and yes NSW sydney roads are full of Pot holes. but hey We don't have lots of funding in NSW from well most people business of the federal government in the percentage as QLD.

We do lack that QLD spirit of if it's for QLD we are will to accept it.
here in NSW it's I don't want to pay or work. So all the lovely illigal and legal Imported slave labor - lets be ohnest Work in sydney.
living 12 to one house all on student visa's and none wil to pay tax.

Come on lets look at QLD hmm - easy to develop a state that has less population is BEING developed. Each time oyu go to QLD new development - yet that airport is ****. but then again - yeah sydneys hmm oh that's right it's one of the oldest and well Great Governments have helped sell it off. No one in government wants to piss of the voters be it a small minority over any decent development.

yet as I said 80km/h on decent road - come on.

oh and if you think sydney roads are bad HA, you haven't see anything till you go O/S and get in to places where you would live if you have equivlant job.

Irony in Sydney is you coudl call double bay- eastern suburbs close to sydney Beverly hills area in LA. Yet in LA it is nice. In Sydney - it's 70% rented property. And even the street around where Malcoum Turnbill lives in has pot holes, and ain't perfect.
Think about that houses in that street are approx 15million dollars on average looking into sydney cove. Frank Lowys and John Aussie home loans Simmons houses are there and all in the area of 30Million.
Yet getting to them it's narrow - tight and bumpy.

Maybe because they ride in nicer cars then Astina's well ?

marcs_sp20 24-06-2009 11:10 PM

Good to see you've made your point rod as always, without a doubt turned into a rivalry between who's got a better road to drive on, which is somewhat strange seein its got nothing to do with football :rolleyes: