AstinaGT Forums

AstinaGT Forums (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Performance & General Maintenance (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   EOI : Microtech GB and tune (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4137)

boostedbatman 16-04-2005 04:39 AM

when you get yours Dwayne you should see if you can get a tuning map for the BP-T as well so when you do that transplant you will be able to turn the key and get to some where to set it up for you. You will need a Laptop to get the alternate program running though.
Just food for thought

chicaboo 16-04-2005 10:43 AM

While we're on that track, does the LTXXs come with some kind of port/cable that allows connection to a laptop? I've already got my laptop rigged so that it can read a Gtech live, just need a compadré to hold the laptop and say SLOW MAN...

platypus 16-04-2005 11:04 AM

its an optional extra... but having a look at it it looks like a null modem, but apparnatly the unit itself stores data, rather than you store it to the computer... have a look around the microtech website, it was listed under accessories

CRA23 16-04-2005 11:38 AM

what will happen to the vris on the k series engines when u install the microtech???? cos the LT12 only has 1 aux out which will only control one solonoid

is there anyway of gettin one with 2 aux outs to control the other vris??

thx tim

Tublade 16-04-2005 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boostedbatman
when you get yours Dwayne you should see if you can get a tuning map for the BP-T as well so when you do that transplant you will be able to turn the key and get to some where to set it up for you. You will need a Laptop to get the alternate program running though.
Just food for thought

Yeah i was going to ask them cos i was going to get them to install my engine for me too. Cos they told me when i went and got a quote last time that it would be cheaper if i had a new ecu then my standard one.

project.r.racing 16-04-2005 04:39 PM

Yes you can do that!

When i brought my LTX I got the BPT program anf just modified it to suit non turbo. When the turbo goes in I'll just be able to re-install the turbo map points into the ECU. A very easy job.

Ryan

Cosmo Dude 16-04-2005 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pope|z0r
is there anyway of gettin one with 2 aux outs to control the other vris??

thx tim

The folk at www.rmptuners.com make a VRIS controller. It would be better if it was controlled by the Microtech but eh...
VRIS, VICS, DEI or whatever else Mazda want to call it is only effective in NA applications.

boostedbatman 16-04-2005 05:17 PM

I was hoping theat I would be able to get that to work for me now I am a happy chappy

CRA23 16-04-2005 09:48 PM

from my searchings they closed down i and i cant find anywhere that make them
and there site is rpmtuners.com :) but that doesnt work and i cant find anything else on it.

pete what one u hoping to work, mircotech or vris tuner

boostedbatman 17-04-2005 05:47 AM

Tim I was referring to them both working together
seeing that rpmtuners are now defunct I have been lookin for another source for VRIS tuning and this is what I have come up with although I need a lot more time to understand it all.
Not that I have ever attempted to build any electronic equipment before
http://www.incony.org/KLZEWiki/pwp_1...Page=VRIS#Test
I just cant seem to find a supplier for an off shelf unit and I have spent a ****eload of time searching
My Question is: Who has the balls to try to build this???

Cosmo Dude 17-04-2005 08:06 AM

You're thinking too hard!
Use a shift light circuit to drive the VRIS

chicaboo 17-04-2005 10:38 AM

If the VRIS just operates in an open close position I'm sure Jcar have something that'll work based on revs. And don't worry about building something yourself, Andrew and I have done it before, did it work? Ummm, well sort of...
Anyhow, it was pretty much my first time soldering, but I still impressed myself when all the solder joints worked. But I still can't "tint" wires for **** though... I'll have a look through my Jcar magazine later and see if I can find anything that relates to what you need.

Gav.

Nate 17-04-2005 10:38 AM

i stilll like the idea of the delco ecu ... it has merits and is cheap and ... i have no money at the momment so im out ... next on my list is stoppers

Tublade 17-04-2005 01:10 PM

yeah i'm in the same boat as Nate i'm strapped for cash too, if you guys can hold off until like around tax time, i'll have enough to get the LT-8 but until then i'll be trying to squeez every little cent i have.

chicaboo 17-04-2005 01:32 PM

Yeah, I know people are anxious to get it done pronto, but the point of a Group Buy is to get it to work out cheaper for everyone. Personally the later you guys can leave it the better for me. Because I need to get the twilight enhanced adjustable cam gears and exhaust cam done before I can worry about the LT8S...
Oh, and then I also have an underdrive pulley to do before all this aswell, If I can finish all my engine mods in the next 2 months I tihnk I should be ok to do the Microtech closer to the end of the financial year. Since other people are in the same boat I reckon another 2-4 weeks wouldn't hurt too much.

Rupewrecht 17-04-2005 05:31 PM

my VICS is actuated by one of the (5) aux inputs of the Wolf as it's just an on/off thing

same thing as the VRIS

shame the Miroguess only has one aux

Cosmo Dude 17-04-2005 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rupewrecht
my VICS is actuated by one of the (5) aux inputs of the Wolf as it's just an on/off thing

But the VICS (VRIS, DEI) is vacuum controlled. DEI was first used in the 1983 13B RE Super Injection but never used on turbo applications.
Question: What do you group buyers intend using the one programable output for?

Rupewrecht 17-04-2005 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmo Dude
But the VICS (VRIS, DEI) is vacuum controlled. DEI was first used in the 1983 13B RE Super Injection but never used on turbo applications.

don't ask me how Pete@Rank got it to work, but he did

not that it makes much difference on the turbo app.

chicaboo 17-04-2005 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmo Dude
Question: What do you group buyers intend using the one programable output for?

On the BJs we have a butterfly to control in the intake manifold, I think that is called VICS? Anyhow, if it turns out to be vacuum actuated we might be able to just leave it alone...

Cosmo Dude 17-04-2005 08:01 PM

VICS has a solenoid that operates a vacuum to the actuator at a given RPM.
That makes it an electromechanicalvac device :D

The question above was how to operate the VRIS because the Microwank has only one aux output. That would have me believe that the only aux output was earmarked for something else. Not the VRIS/VICS/DEI solenoid.