AstinaGT Forums

AstinaGT Forums (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Introduce yourself (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   New SP20 Owner in Toowoomba (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20421)

RufusTheSP20 10-03-2013 04:52 PM

New SP20 Owner in Toowoomba

Hi, I've been stalking the forums for a while, been thinking about making some minor upgrades to the car. It's a Black 2001 SP20 with the number-plate 607-RFU. small scrape to front left hand of the bumper but otherwise almost mint condition.

I've only owned the car for about 5 months, before myself it was owned by someone who's entire family were mechanics, so it's still running like new with the now 170'000km's on it. Great first car and an absolute steal at $5'500.

This is Rufus, with my uncle's VW Bora.
http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...86456073_o.jpg
http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...27855090_o.jpg

Sorry for images being so high res, only ones I've got at this point in time.

Hammo 10-03-2013 04:59 PM

Welcome to AGT mate

RufusTheSP20 10-03-2013 05:33 PM

Thanks. Was thinking about getting this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Scooby-Su...ht_8361wt_1349
I saw there's one of these on a few cars on the forums. Anyone got any advice?

JDM323 10-03-2013 05:47 PM

welcome to astina gt, many members on here have fitted them so you should get some advice soon. I see you are in a lovely cruising area.

RufusTheSP20 10-03-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDM323 (Post 321473)
I see you are in a lovely cruising area.

It was, before all the flooding last few years.

Still, got friends all over the place, so I get around a bit.

JDM323 10-03-2013 06:10 PM

that ebay listing is for a generic lip, most members that have that style of lip got the proper subaru lips.

RufusTheSP20 10-03-2013 06:43 PM

Is the official Subaru lip larger than that? it's the only one I can find. I didn't really want anything to large, just subtle and sporty. [edit] I'm a bad googler :D found some, closer to $100 though. What would be making the price difference, are they actualy any better, or is it just branding?

Also, my friend has resprayed his entire car, he has all the equipment and said he'll help me respray the front bumper (only part of the car not up to scratch with the rest). As long as we do it in a closed shed with lots of thin layers, would this be a safe enough Idea?

RufusTheSP20 10-03-2013 06:59 PM

Also, I think Butters used these replica ones? She listed it as a Scooby one anyway. Could be wrong.

marcs_sp20 10-03-2013 07:32 PM

Welcome to AGT, i frequent Toowoomba every 2-3 weeks, so will have to keep an eye out for you ;)

RufusTheSP20 10-03-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcs_sp20 (Post 321479)
Welcome to AGT, i frequent Toowoomba every 2-3 weeks, so will have to keep an eye out for you ;)

Cool. I've seen a few other SP20's in town, there's a stock yellow one I see frequently near where I live. Might chuck it on the spotter list :P. If you see me flash the lights. ^-^

Ben 10-03-2013 08:22 PM

Hio, welcome to AGT! Black one, good choice :P

Bec, Marc and I got this Subaru lip. Seller is amazing to deal with and combined the shipping for qld and nsw!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/06-07-Imp...e32654f&_uhb=1

RufusTheSP20 10-03-2013 08:44 PM

Thanks Ben, that's a big help. Obviously a bit more pricey, but it looks worth the cost.

So I actualy have Type 1 diabetes and am severely underweight, I haven't been able to find a job yet and don't get a lot of money. Mods for Rufus are going to be pretty low level, but I'll put up anything I get anyway.

So far I've got a Fusion Underseat Sub, and the car came with a custom parcel shelf with 2 high level kenwood KFC-7178's and an Alpine amp. No extras were listed when I purchased the car so if it has anything else I simply don't know about it. But Rufus does 0-100 in around 8 seconds I believe, so something isn't stock.

BG1.8sp 10-03-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RufusTheSP20 (Post 321493)
Thanks Ben, that's a big help. Obviously a bit more pricey, but it looks worth the cost.

So I actualy have Type 1 diabetes and am severely underweight, I haven't been able to find a job yet and don't get a lot of money. Mods for Rufus are going to be pretty low level, but I'll put up anything I get anyway.

So far I've got a Fusion Underseat Sub, and the car came with a custom parcel shelf with 2 high level kenwood KFC-7178's and an Alpine amp. No extras were listed when I purchased the car so if it has anything else I simply don't know about it. But Rufus does 0-100 in around 8 seconds I believe, so something isn't stock.

Hello and welcome :)

Loving the comment "sorry for the hiRes pictures"... I'm always apologising for my low quality crappy pics :p

Car looks pretty damn neat and tidy mate :)

Sucks to hear about your predicament you got there... Hope that things pick up for you, health and job wise :)
Any questions or advice you want, be sure to ask! Will do our best to help :)

EDIT: I should add this warning

BEWARE - Read through build threads at your own risk... We take no responsibility for catching the Mod bug!
Symptoms are an empty bank account and a shed full of parts ;) rofl

RufusTheSP20 10-03-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BG1.8sp (Post 321496)
BEWARE - Read through build threads at your own risk... We take no responsibility for catching the Mod bug!

Unfortunately it also sounds like the symptoms of Justneednewtiresitis. Damn these new viruses. Who new tarmac carried so many germs?!

RufusTheSP20 10-03-2013 09:03 PM

Speaking of which, with a stock height and stock wheels, are 195/50 R16 tires what I want? Just thought I'd check with you guys what you recommended.

lukeyprotege 10-03-2013 09:04 PM

Welcome to AGT I hope you enjoy all it has to offer :)

Ben 10-03-2013 09:28 PM

I hope you get a job soon! I was out of work for about 8 months for awhile. So i know the pain! Hope you get well soon too! As for tyres, i litrally cannot remember back to stock tyre days in what i had. Was so long ago :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by BG1.8sp (Post 321496)

EDIT: I should add this warning

Yeah my father isnt like my wheel and tyre wall i have in the shed. I've also claimed one of those metal shelves that supercheap sell full of car parts and detailing stuff. :rolleyes: He likes the new feature too. The muffler chilling on the floor :p

RufusTheSP20 10-03-2013 09:43 PM

And if I knew ANYTHING about cars, I'd probably be like that too :D

Seriously, someone's gunna have to come to T'bar just to help me install the damn lip when I get it. Okay. hopefully not. :P

lukeyprotege 10-03-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RufusTheSP20 (Post 321515)
Seriously, someone's gunna have to come to T'bar just to help me install the damn lip when I get it. Okay. hopefully not. :P

Did I just hear road trip? ;)

RufusTheSP20 10-03-2013 10:30 PM

My town is open to all of the good people of AGT :P

There are a lot of car people in Toowoomba, kinda surprised nobody else here is from T'bar actually! Guessing Ipswichians are probably the closest members?