AstinaGT Forums

AstinaGT Forums (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technology + Gaming (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   phone nat net options (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13607)

Nate 01-02-2009 09:49 PM

phone nat net options

hey yall, trying to find the best deal for the home phone / internet ... who are you using ... who do you recommend / who should i stay away from.

mussing 01-02-2009 11:08 PM

I'll happily recommend tpg for internet, but I don't know what kind of infrastructure they've got in Brisvegas. I'm on the $50 adsl2+ plan, it's 18Gb on peak and 7Gb off, where off-peak is between 1am and 9am. Never had any problems with it at all, setup was easy as, and I can upgrade to a higher download limit any time I like if that proves too small.

As far as internet is concerned, stay away from exetel and telstra/bigpond, as they have buttloads of dropouts.

What have you got at the mo'? What sort of thing are you looking for?

RHINO145 02-02-2009 12:03 AM

we have ADSL2 with tpg here 2 :) 50 GB cap i think but it runs great

70NYD 02-02-2009 01:09 AM

my gf has tpg and she never has problems, although when you cap it, its REALLY slow (im in brisbane btw nate :p)
i have optus fusion99 where you pay $99 per month and get ADSL2+, modem(****ty siemens speedstream) 20gb of downloads, free calls to any mobile and homephone within australia for a unlimited period of time (within reason, liek cant run a telemarketing busines through this they would shut you down lol) and free line rental. only downside is that after you go over the limit you are not capped on speed but you pay 15c per mb for 2gb and then the speed goes down.. i would recomend optus, only cus iv been with them for almost 8 years and never ever had a problem

bourbon 02-02-2009 08:31 AM

i dont like optus or bigpond anymore as they both charge for uploads as well as downloads :@ :@ :@...im with internode as its great...awesome service...havnt had any issues with them for over 7months now...you can get a naked deal with them in some instances were you dont need a phone line or you can get the VOIP with them ;)

SHANNON 02-02-2009 09:21 AM

im with primus ...one of very little companies that send you a bill(ex telstra and optus)

79$ a month for 200gb download ... and 28-30$ for the phone line

i think they do a 50gb for 50$ as well

Cosmo Dude 02-02-2009 09:36 PM

The only way to test the metal of an ISP is to know how they perform when something goes wrong.
From experience TPG and Primus go to sh!t and start blaming everyone else and it takes an age for them to get you back on line. Also don't go VOiP if your ISP can't guarantee QoS.

SHANNON 03-02-2009 08:38 PM

ill disagree with that i have been with primus for about 18 months and never had a problem...

until this week my modem staterd playing up and they come to the party and said yes we can see the problem is the modem we will send you another one.

And on top of that they gave me 2 weeks of my bill cant complain with that...

70NYD 04-02-2009 12:54 AM

well ur lucky. when i first came to australia i was with iprimus and their net was constatly down, and a 40+ min wait on the phone when you call them was a must.... thats y i changed to optus and been with them for 8 years. but again this is what happend to me and it doesnt mean it will hapen to you

nickyjames 14-01-2021 10:17 PM

I think you should used spectrum internet.