AstinaGT Forums

AstinaGT Forums (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive Talk (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Official TopGear Australia Thread... Your thoughts! (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12796)

Cosmo Dude 29-09-2008 08:41 PM

Official TopGear Australia Thread... Your thoughts!

As the title says,
What did you think of show one?

marcs_sp20 29-09-2008 08:53 PM

i didn't think it was that bad, will definitely be watching it next week...

bourbon 29-09-2008 09:22 PM

****! forgot about this!!!! GAH!!! ended up watchin band of brothers instead :( :mad: :mad: :mad: soo pissed off i forgot to watch it....

shaikaka 29-09-2008 11:16 PM

forgot too... have to get it from ez tv, boo.

guntersmells 30-09-2008 06:42 AM

I thought the 2 young blokes were cocks, but the older bloke seemed all right. My mate next door thought the opposite though :P

All in all, not too bad.

Plutonus 30-09-2008 10:08 AM

Still like the UK one better. They seemed to be trying too hard to be "Aussie".

Rupewrecht 30-09-2008 11:13 AM

For a first effort, i thought it was decent. It can only get better, though Pizzati and Cox did grate a little.

You can't expect them to be as good as the TGUK episodes - they've had 8+ years go get it right.

bourbon 30-09-2008 11:29 AM

its always tense to start with...give em time to settle in :D

womble 30-09-2008 02:06 PM

I have only watched limited episodes of the British series, so i didn't have any preconcieved ideas about what it should be like. I think it was alright, I think it will only get better. Would like to see some of the exotic stuff getting fanged around a bit though, instead of jsut looking at the lambo from the outside

project.r.racing 30-09-2008 03:36 PM

was ok
yes host seemed too try hard
still will watch next week

ryan

FLiP 30-09-2008 03:52 PM

Overall they tried way too hard. They need to relax. They're not actors, they should try and be themselves more. The young bloke was the worst perpetrator. The other bloke (james may equivalent) dressed like a used car salesman.

They made it too over the top. Too loud, too in your face. They need to tone it down, maintain the humour but none of this overtly aussie stuff. I'm wondering if they're airing this in the UK, because it's that over the top aussie personality (that i can't stand) that internationals want to watch. No more of these "dry as a dead dingoes donger" esque metaphors. It's just plain stupid.

The greatest moment was that forester struggling on the ice. Made me laugh.

I'd love to have a crack at hosting that show, but a guess we all reckon we could do a better job.

bourbon 30-09-2008 04:08 PM

i no id do a **** job...i think being a TV host would be quiet a hard job, and some of you guys no how out there i am :p hahaha...

ill watch it next week and see what its like...i was hoping they were gonna be testing more of just the aussie cars we get over here...not all the exotic stuff...but i guess the exotic stuff keeps us drooling :p

Cosmo Dude 30-09-2008 06:51 PM

I guess the'll take a while to get to know each other. My big worry is that to maintain ratings the show will become a Falcon vs Commodore fest and that could get boring very quickly.

Ky_88 01-10-2008 01:40 PM

It was ok but give me the UK series anyday... their accents really grated on me as I think they put them on too much but that's probably just me!

Clarky_BA 02-10-2008 10:33 AM

I was so expecting a holden or ford to going around the fast lap with the stig, but what do they find a stretched hummer. No Aussie cars at all, next week might be a bit different though.

shaikaka 02-10-2008 10:51 AM

Promo for next week is holden v ford, at least that's what they said at the end of ep01.
I think starting with a 'Top-gear challange' was a bad idea. Let me know the presenters before i laugh at them.

My top cringe moment was the dialog about what to call the stig. I swaer that was what the team of writers said in a meeting with the uk boys b4 Clarkson said 'just leave it as the stig' and the boys had to say it word for work.

All in all a bit too fake but i'm a fan. It had better last a few years so it gets good. And don't forget the uk boys started off without May....

mrpayner 02-10-2008 09:16 PM

If anyone wants a dvd.. I've got a digital TV rip of it.. I missed the first 2 minutes though as I was fighting with my computer to even pick up the SBS signal!

mrpayner 06-10-2008 09:19 PM

tonights episode was much MUCH better.. The smart car segment was great!

Rupewrecht 06-10-2008 09:22 PM

Agreed - much much better. The Star/Car was still the worst bit though - the filming is comparatively terrible. But i didn't want to punch Charlie Cox in the face this time LOL

project.r.racing 06-10-2008 09:58 PM

The RHD GT is old news.

How can you compare a turbo 6 to a nato V8?

The Tata news was old.

The Veyron was a 2 year old picture.

The mining test was fun to watch. Enjoyed the dirt side ways action in the hole.

Smart car herse was assuming. I wonder how hard it was to get the stickaflex off the roof?

I still wanna punch Charlie Cox.

They need to start reporting about current automotive stuff. Not 2 year old info that we all have seen. Making the show very boring. Especially the 1st 30 mins.

Better than last week, but only just.

Ryan