AstinaGT Forums

AstinaGT Forums (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive Talk (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Well there goes the neigborhood. (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15619)

D Valerius 05-11-2009 07:38 PM

Well there goes the neigborhood.

Well it seems we can wave bye bye to our foggies according to this little gem

http://newsletters.racq.com.au/em/me...8679&id=576787

perfect time to grab a new front bar eh....

bourbon 05-11-2009 07:44 PM

as far as ive known cops have been enforcing the foggie laws for a long time...

marcs_sp20 05-11-2009 07:59 PM

yeah i got warned a couple years back now.,, i still drive with them on, but only at night, not that they are bright anyways,

maztech 05-11-2009 08:05 PM

Been inforce for a while now cops dont seam to worry about it anymore as long as they dont shine in oncoming traffic and they are not really bright and anyway $40 fine not much it will only be bad when points are involved

project.r.racing 05-11-2009 08:18 PM

you dont need them in the middle of the day anywayz...

chicaboo 05-11-2009 08:18 PM

I'm getting HIDs now...

maztech 05-11-2009 08:25 PM

I have only used them at night , talking about HID's getting mine soon should arrive anyday now ,cant wait to put them in.

D Valerius 05-11-2009 08:36 PM

Well obviously useless in the daytime, just the clear weather night time use they are banning, i like the extra arc they afford me when driving....

but oh well, rules is rules *shrug*

maztech 05-11-2009 08:39 PM

And rules are meant to be broken anyway

project.r.racing 05-11-2009 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D Valerius (Post 216624)
Well obviously useless in the daytime, just the clear weather night time use they are banning, i like the extra arc they afford me when driving....

but oh well, rules is rules *shrug*

sorry but night time does not count as clear weather conditions.

chicaboo 05-11-2009 09:06 PM

I reckon if you are driving at night on a road without a system of street lighting, then fogs are ok. The headlights on my Pulsar aren't the greatest [black out lenses], so the fogs really help a lot. But I think I will just get HIDs considering how cheap they are now...

Gav.

Brisbane_boy 05-11-2009 09:07 PM

wats the difference with fog lights and normal lights?
I know fog lights cut throught the fog and normal ligts just refelct off it.
But i got some normal lights below my normal head lights are they considered fog lights?

project.r.racing 05-11-2009 09:09 PM

yes they are.

D Valerius 05-11-2009 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by project.r.racing (Post 216635)
sorry but night time does not count as clear weather conditions.

Fair enough my misunderstanding.

deffs considering HID's in the near future if this turns out as my long term car. would love a set of the factory SP20 heads if they sure up to the looms on a 1.8 havnt researched all that far in yet...

DavoAust 05-11-2009 09:34 PM

guess i'll be leaving mine off, probably get away with 55W but the 100W are a *little* bright

70NYD 05-11-2009 11:04 PM

lol this is still debetable.. just cus of the fact that you can classify certain lights as forward driving lights (second set), as long as they do not interfeere with drivers vision, and as long as they come on with low/high beams respectively (asuming that they are highbeam)
what you guys have on your BJ's is FAR from a foglight(even tho they are classified as that due to a seperate switch). BAs have foglights that are actual foglights (very dispersed nonfocused beam)

but yeah i thought that this law was in force a LONG time ago, cops just didnt give a sht..

D Valerius 05-11-2009 11:28 PM

I always saw the BJ "foggies" as driving lights more than as you say tony actual fog lights, that boost to the range your standard lights give without hitting oncoming traffic with the hi beams.

chicaboo 05-11-2009 11:39 PM

The lower BJ/SP20 lights are foglights. They don't have much range, and at best just fill the gap from the bumper to the inner range of the normal headlights. Driving lights are like another set of headlights with decent range, and then you have spotlights. These last 2 are what blind ppl and give foglights a bad name, which has caused a blanket law thrown over all of them. I guess it's hard to argue the semantics of which type you have, so they all just get regulated to poor driving conditions, which is fine really...

Gav.

S373N 06-11-2009 12:29 AM

may be off topic, but mate only just noticed the dark 323 in middle of back of the astina, as i told him that you can route a brakelight in, and "recommended" i put a single foggy behind it so it jumps out and people get the picture that it's a 323. (or have 323 burned into the back of their eyeballs!)

D Valerius 06-11-2009 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicaboo (Post 216673)
The lower BJ/SP20 lights are foglights. They don't have much range, and at best just fill the gap from the bumper to the inner range of the normal headlights. Driving lights are like another set of headlights with decent range, and then you have spotlights. These last 2 are what blind ppl and give foglights a bad name, which has caused a blanket law thrown over all of them. I guess it's hard to argue the semantics of which type you have, so they all just get regulated to poor driving conditions, which is fine really...

Gav.

True enough, i stand corrected :D