AstinaGT Forums

AstinaGT Forums (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension & Wheels (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   hotbits coilovers (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8234)

mcwilly 04-01-2007 05:48 PM

hotbits coilovers

i was just curios if anyone has or has had hotbits coilovers or knows wat they are like compared to other brands?
thanks

project.r.racing 04-01-2007 06:51 PM

very-very expensive compared to other brands, have heard they are good quality.

ryan

boostedbatman 05-01-2007 08:10 AM

Thay are a good mid entry level setup like D2s
But they dont lower as much as other brands in their compare
And they are TOO expensive for their comparasin

mcwilly 05-01-2007 02:25 PM

i'v got a price of 2200. wat other brands are available for a bg astina?

bourbon 05-01-2007 02:42 PM

well thats better than what i was quoted...i was quoted from anywhere between $2000 and $5000 for fully adjustable coilovers, that had to be custom built :p haha place up here called GSA

mcwilly 05-01-2007 03:14 PM

stuff that i thought 2k was pushin it a bit but i love corners more then anything else hence tyres are brand new in centre balled on edges lol

chicaboo 05-01-2007 03:17 PM

Your aiming too high, just get good shocks and camber pins and or castor bushings.

Gav.

mcwilly 05-01-2007 03:21 PM

struts are almost 1k by em self may aswell spend bit extra and get coil overs which i can make firmer because kings arent firm enough, probably wont end up doin anything as i havent done anything to the car since i last posted but nice to know wat things are like and wats worth while etc

chicaboo 05-01-2007 03:42 PM

I've got the best non-adjustable struts money can buy (for the BJ) and they only cost me $691! Your superlows are good enough with the right damper rates, and making the car firmer is not always the right way to go. Save your money and upgrade your rear sway bar and front strut brace with the money you save. Just because cuz has Koni or Billstein doesn't mean you need em...

boostedbatman 06-01-2007 08:59 AM

Half the benefit with coilovers (high quality) is the damper rates, NEVER the ride height and not just hard springs
I can almost guarantee that money invested on some good quality dampers will be better spent than on a set of Hotbits coilovers
I can almost guarantee you that the damper rates are the real let down with these

OMG did I just recommend against coilovers............WTF

Its just that wrong brand coilovers arent going to do much bar lighten your wallet

platypus 06-01-2007 09:25 AM

hey man, you really don't need stiffer anything, especially if your getting around newcastle roads!!

seriously, with a bit of speed and super stiff setups your going to be looking at bouncing waay too much to actually maintain ground contact!

if you want to stiffen up anything, i'd be up rating the stabilisers (match front and back!) and get new shocks.... that will out handle most things, (also get it properly aligned!!)

mazdamanik 06-01-2007 11:27 AM

Chris before u buy anything just let me take u for a ride in mine with the new swaybars front and back....trust me with those and the kings and KYB's u dont need anything else other than good tyyres to out handlke just bout anything....mine now catchs a 02 WRX through the awaba pass:D ill take u for a drive asap