AstinaGT Forums

AstinaGT Forums (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   what are you doing today? (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14677)

chicaboo 08-06-2010 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NaughtyGT (Post 237779)
Btw,

how'd you know it was a general Gav?

I saw his ute at Marc's engagement party.

70NYD 08-06-2010 09:51 PM

HOLY CRAP man that is effed up :( im suprised the bag didnt go off seing how ther is not much left to the front bumper.. damn hes one lucky man to be walking out of that alive, in good shape. that trip to hospital must have sucked marc :( i hate trucks, i know they are essential to everyday life but i hate being next to a tire that is above my head driving down the highway..

RustyKaos 09-06-2010 08:09 AM

Man that is one messed up car. Luckily he is all good and resting now. Bit weird that the air bags never went off after seeing that impact. Hope he gets better soon.

70NYD 17-06-2010 01:02 PM

today im studying but last night i found out what car i will get next (in a couple of years) either a FR-S(Gsport) or 216A since they are both the same thing under a different brand, all comes down to which one gets released 1st :) i have not felt about a car like this since i 1st layed eyes on a BA :p

RustyKaos 17-06-2010 10:17 PM

I like the FT86 front better tho with that wide mouth on the front breathing in and RWD but with the motor of the 216A. This article shows the difference between the two.

http://www.7tune.com/confirmed-bigge...r-subaru-216a/

70NYD 17-06-2010 10:55 PM

yeah but the subi is apparently a year behind the toyota for release dates or something. and the toyota has the G-Sport version thats a 2L H4 turboed :D
i want that one hehe
toyota one looks beter than the subi in my opinion, not a fan of scoops
oh and that photo is a photoshop im pretty sure :p

oh and the rumors regarding awd are false as well. they will both be a FR on a modified impreza platform.
toyota just patented the name FR-S in canada and america for a motor vehicle. looks like that will be the new name. just hoping that they wont mark it up rediculusly, seeing as tho the 370z is 35K USD in america, and the WRX is 30K USD in america, yet they are 70 and 60 here respectively. this is supposed to be released with a 23K USD pricetag so it should translate to around 40K aud with the markups folowing the same/simmilar margins as that of subi/nissan just dont understand wy the markup is needed at all.. but 40K for that car, id pay for it. id even pay 50 for the sports version if it ever comes out :D

RustyKaos 17-06-2010 11:09 PM

I did read somewhere and it also states "confirmed" in that link I posted that the subi will be AWD. Still it is a very hot car and I have been waiting on this to finally come out

70NYD 18-06-2010 11:02 AM

yeah but that article is 8 months old. if u look on that same sight there is another article regarding the 216A
ie here (the dates are newer) i came across that site in FT86 forums, and apparently its like carmate is to us, can be reliable but most part its not :p
all i know is they better not change the overall shape 2 much, and the interior as well. i know the interior will have to be changed somewhat, but i hope not drastically :)

are u more interested in the subi or the toyota version? (assuming both are the top sports spec turbo whatever)

this is what i want :D :D :D
and if it stays under 50~55, which it should considering that the expected release price is around 23K for the base and 26K ish for the top (USD but so with markup we get stuck with etc..) i will be gettin one defiantely. well worth the money :)

RustyKaos 18-06-2010 11:48 AM

Toyota all the way. I find the subi styling is not to my taste. Also like that it is based on the AE86 which is a really awesome car. :D

70NYD 18-06-2010 11:58 AM

I KNOW and the subi engine gives it the very low centre of gravity :D i hope they stick some LEDs in the taillights or i will have to :p (thats the 1st thing my mum made fun of when i showed her the car... WHAT WILL U CHANGE ON THIS ONE???)

chicaboo 18-06-2010 01:50 PM

Wasn't the FT86 getting a lame duck 1.5 atmo engine?

70NYD 18-06-2010 01:57 PM

thats the dubbed"baby" version thats like a foot or so shorter. only one photo of it and its a green/gold one. was prob a rumor as it dont make sense to release the smaller one as well, as the frs is allready tiny and hardly a 4 seater

marcs_sp20 18-06-2010 01:59 PM

whatever they bring out will be dog ugly, they seem to dull them down quite hardly from when the cars were prototypes :(

70NYD 18-06-2010 02:30 PM

but thats why im excited, from a interview with one of the cheif designers, it seems that he is in love with the car and does not want to change much bar things that need to meet legislations such as pedestrian impact (rumor has it that the hood line will be raised about 50mm or so which isnt to bad :)) and if you look at lexus LFA, its design only got better since the concept stage :) it does cost like 300K but LOL it comes with a V10 or something.. not really in to lexus but.
but il wait and c and bide my time, and collect money :)

chicaboo 18-06-2010 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcs_sp20 (Post 238507)
whatever they bring out will be dog ugly, they seem to dull them down quite hardly from when the cars were prototypes :(

That happens in the building design industry too. :p

Cosmo Dude 26-08-2010 07:05 PM

Well it was yesterday but I had difficulty getting on the board.
Had a bit of a tour through the factory that assembles the circuit boards for MoTeC. Interesting seeing the digital dashes being built.

Oh and no free samples :(

NaughtyGT 31-08-2010 07:55 AM

My wife's PA system speakers are sitting gathering dust since she has put on hold her singing career so, I'll be hooking them up again to this notebook with my Creative Sound Blaster external box, old school or what? haha.....then I'll be burning some mixed CD's from my collection for the car so, having some music fun today....fark the cars :mad: :p

Clean_Cookie 31-08-2010 09:34 AM

im waiting for a call back from the mechanics, doing jobs at home while being "sick"... how fun...

Brisbane_boy 04-10-2010 07:45 PM

took a pic of the strom that lasted all of 30 seconds this afternoon.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...n/P1000941.jpg

Ghoru 04-10-2010 08:22 PM

thats not a storm...your fly screen is dirty :D