AstinaGT Forums

AstinaGT Forums (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mazda Specific Talk (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   What have you done to your car today? (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11436)

marcs_sp20 14-03-2008 07:43 AM

What have you done to your car today?

Hey guys,

When this site was blocked from my works internet, I had to find other means of looking up mazda stuff so i was regularly on Mazdas247.com to get my fix :p

Anyways in most of the boards they had a thread similiar to this regarding what they had done to there car that day, be it give it a wash, put it in for a service etc, so i would assume this would be able to work on this forum... Its just a suggestion, and if mods need be just delete the thread if it isnt irrelevent. It also gives an indication whats happening with everyones pride and joy :).

So anyways I will start...

Bought some new spark plugs for the SP20 last night, so its ready for this weekends cruise :)

Marc

Rupewrecht 14-03-2008 09:26 AM

Nah, great idea - i update one of these on iMazda.com all the time. Stickied!

Mine?

i tested my sunroof :D

http://rupewrecht.com/astina/bodykit...headliner2.jpg

LOL

marcs_sp20 14-03-2008 09:47 AM

Good God!!! you certainly have your work cut out for ya dan!!!

Oh and thanks for making this thread a sticky ;)

project.r.racing 14-03-2008 10:16 AM

I washed the car as it's been dirty since the last motorkhana 2 weeks ago. Geez i had to use metho to get the competition numbers removed. Also removed all the old sponsorship decals that weren't required any more.

Ryan

DavoAust 14-03-2008 11:03 AM

replaced rear wheel bearings and fixed front light fault :)

phly 14-03-2008 11:21 AM

Hey guys,

I replaced my brake booter thing. No one thought that thing would be faulty but mine was. So now my car brakes normally again instead of hard braking all the time LOL

karamello 14-03-2008 01:03 PM

i installed red tyre valve caps..

wooo!!

marcs_sp20 14-03-2008 02:06 PM

I might aswell write what im doing tomorrow as i wont have time to come on here, and that would be:

Wash, vacuum & detail the car ready for the cruise (its a dull grey at the moment :()
degrease the engine bay
Install new Bosch Platinum Plus Spark Plugs (were on special at Supercheap :D)
Spray some of the plastics under the bonnet (fuse box, engine cover, strut bar) in baby blue

Oh and although not mazda related, fit the front bar back on Tash's Lancer seeing its been off for 6wks due to repair and respray...

New pics will prolly come on sunday arvo/night depending on how i feel after the cruise..

Marc

Rupewrecht 22-03-2008 09:07 PM

Fitted some new inner guard liners, and picked up a JDM coin holder to replace one of the blanks next to the steering column.

And got some BA V6 alloys from tenebrous. Cheers again!

rodhog 22-03-2008 09:40 PM

Done nothing. Dont' have an astina anymore
but on others
One car out of comission did box again my back-up spare box sort of
here is a thread on mx6.com to see pics http://www.mx6.com/forums/australia-...115kws-fw.html

MY project wagon - is still in panel shop

But what I have done more recently is take delivery of stuff Rupewrecht has gotten for me and I've had many joy-gazams and used them.

planning on polishing my strut brace up and few other bits.

andrewck 24-03-2008 11:36 AM

Been out driving my SP20 all weekend, hmm wonder why mine has 155,000 kms on the clock in 5 yrs ;) But its so much fun to drive, Hopefully should be washed and garaged for the rest of the week

pr1mo 24-03-2008 09:46 PM

i evicted some possums.

Dogo 26-03-2008 09:25 AM

home wrecker !

I fitted the side skirts that were never screwed on.

skitz 26-03-2008 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr1mo (Post 161228)
i evicted some possums.

your car had possums? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sleepy Gonzalez 26-03-2008 10:15 AM

I went to the panel beater's to check on the repairs to my car after a taxi tried to straight line it through a roundabout. We have these really cool roundabouts in a 100kph zone, but you have to be super defensive when going quickly, as people tend to cut the corners, not indicate, cut you off as they enter etc. This taxi driver was a shocker. Not only was he blocking the right lane in a 100 zone, he failed to indicate or check his mirror before changing lanes approaching the roundabout. The road bends right then left to merge onto the roundabout. I was minding my own business in the left lane and as I passed him, he cut the corner into my lane. The choices were to brake and T-bone him, Jump the kerb into the ditch and lightpole at over 60kph or keep going while trying to squeeze through against the kerb and hope he sees me. This sort of thig happens quite often, but this time I got hit when I chose the latter. He hit my right rear corner, thankfully without spinning me out.

So now I have yet another car to drive, a Holden Epica. Comfy, quiet, smooth on rough roads, heaps of neat stuff in the cabin. But, I hate it. It's awful to try and drive quickly in town. Stupid auto. Beats walking though!

spedwards 26-03-2008 08:59 PM

Today I went to install / replace the low beam bulbs in mine and realised I'd bought H4 rather than H7 - idiot!!!

Putonyourshoes 26-03-2008 09:02 PM

replaced my sidelight LED's and my interior lights with LEDs. all are white now. looks nice IMO.

RedLineResident 26-03-2008 09:02 PM

today i washed it then tortured the poor thing as i put it in the hands of my learner brother to get the hang of manual on.

it wasn't as bad as i expected but watching the stalling and bunny hopping in a local shopping center car park was pretty painful.

Putonyourshoes 26-03-2008 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLineResident (Post 161508)
today i washed it then tortured the poor thing as i put it in the hands of my learner brother to get the hang of manual on.

it wasn't as bad as i expected but watching the stalling and bunny hopping in a local shopping center car park was pretty painful.

just out of curiosity.. does bunny hopping and stuff cause damage??

RedLineResident 26-03-2008 09:06 PM

it shouldn't

im sure its not good for it as there is a surge going through the gearbox but i was more worried about the exesive clutch riding.

however to put it in perspective; after what i do to it im sure it'll be fine.