AstinaGT Forums

AstinaGT Forums (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Queensland (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   EOI: Future Cruises/Events Ideas (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14415)

project.r.racing 31-05-2009 07:27 AM

EOI: Future Cruises/Events Ideas

This is a thread were for Queensland members to post up ideas and get interest up for future cruises, dinners or other kind of events before posting up official thread about each of them.

Kinda like when I did the EOI before the skidpan day. Gauge interest level before going into the planning stage.

Ryan

project.r.racing 31-05-2009 07:28 AM

I'll start...

I am keen on a run to Wivenhoe Dam as I've never been there before. Start at The Gap, finish at Wivenhoe Dam. Link to map below:-

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&s...15234&t=h&z=11

Just wondering for those who havebeen there. Do they have bbqs there? And what is the parking like? Thinking July or August?

Ryan

marcs_sp20 31-05-2009 08:31 AM

Great idea ryan ;)

These are mine for the moment..

Wii night at Marc & Tashs place!!

We have a large house, large TV and a huge variety of games for the wii (wii fit, music, guitar hero etc etc). Would be great to just to sit back, have some fush & chups (from down the road ;)), plus we have heaps of room out the back for cars (Gav & Mat can confirm this :D)

Weekend away to Stanthorpe

Basically set off to stanthorpe, find some accomodation and have a night on the town. Im finalising details, but will be posting an official thread soonish...

Cheers
Marc

phildough 31-05-2009 08:37 AM

Last time I went to Wivenhoe Dam which was a few years ago they had some really nice picnic areas with BBQ's and lots of parking,
seeing as the dam levels have recently increased I wouldn't mind checking them out too
The route you have chosen is a very fun drive, smooth roads, sweeping corners, tight 1st-2nd gear corners,there are signs everywhere warning motorcyclists to take it easy though.
Oh and I can also warn anyone to save your brakes, one of the last corners coming down hill was a really good test for them last time I drove it.

project.r.racing 31-05-2009 09:25 AM

I might set up the Wivenhoe Run for July-ish? Since dyno day is June.

Wii night I could probably do, but some big notice will be needed for me. Day time normally works better for me/family.

marcs_sp20 31-05-2009 04:26 PM

I could possibly set up the somerset damn cruise we had in August last year, could aim for around the same time this year??

project.r.racing 01-06-2009 08:54 AM

done somerset a few times now, hence why i suggested wivenhoe instead. thoughts?

project.r.racing 01-06-2009 10:29 AM

What about a AGT Massive Garage Sale? Or Swap Meet?

Invite fordlaser peps along. Swap car parts, sell cars parts, sell car mags/dvds/other etc.

I know I've got random BPT parts, car mags and old but useable tyres floating around that I could sell for a few gold coins.

Pick a central QLD location one Sunday.

$2.00 donation to be part of it, money to go to site admin costs? Put on a BBQ blah blah blah...

Thoughts?

marcs_sp20 01-06-2009 11:02 AM

how about a cruise to Withcott, and climb up Tabletop Mountain, after that we could cruise to Picnic Point in Toowoomba, and kick around the footy??

Also, gotta remember that Toowoomba has the last open Pizza Hut Restaurant, so could always go for lunch :p

marcs_sp20 01-06-2009 11:03 AM

Also, Havent done Go-karts at Archerfield in a while, with the last time I went with you guys was December 2005 :eek:

bourbon 01-06-2009 11:06 AM

no kingston park raceway is better for gokarts

marcs_sp20 01-06-2009 11:07 AM

and yet more expensive...

70NYD 01-06-2009 11:16 AM

archerfeild has new karts, still two stroke and no clutch, but they are fkn fst. my mate works there still i think.. archerfeild is better, kingston is WAY more expensive.

bourbon 01-06-2009 11:30 AM

yeah but kingston has a great track...i doubt i will win this debate...but kingston is one of the best in queensland (if not best)...

70NYD 01-06-2009 11:37 AM

it is a fkn awesome track mate :p only thing is its expensive thats it :( well expensive for a poor student such as my self haha

bourbon 01-06-2009 11:41 AM

just having a look actually they are the same price...and kingston has quiet a good competition thing...last time i went there theres practice...then qualifying which is 8 laps...then 3 races after that that is 8 laps each...or you pay a bit extra to get an extra sesion of 8laps after...

Tarmac Ninja 01-06-2009 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by project.r.racing (Post 197189)
What about a AGT Massive Garage Sale? Or Swap Meet?

Invite fordlaser peps along. Swap car parts, sell cars parts, sell car mags/dvds/other etc.

I know I've got random BPT parts, car mags and old but useable tyres floating around that I could sell for a few gold coins.

Pick a central QLD location one Sunday.

$2.00 donation to be part of it, money to go to site admin costs? Put on a BBQ blah blah blah...

Thoughts?

Not having a astina/protege I'm sorta on the sideline for this, but it sounds like a really good idea to me dude... props.

70NYD 01-06-2009 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bourbon (Post 197205)
just having a look actually they are the same price...and kingston has quiet a good competition thing...last time i went there theres practice...then qualifying which is 8 laps...then 3 races after that that is 8 laps each...or you pay a bit extra to get an extra sesion of 8laps after...

LOL im sorry your right, when i checked in jan (i was gonna have a bdai thing there) prices were a little different from memmory.. sorry dude, as this is, kingston park is 115 for 60 min on track and archerfeild is 112 for 48 min so yeah kingston wins hands down ;)
go karts in first week of july anyone :D

bourbon 01-06-2009 01:05 PM

im probably gonna be having a bash at our new place at the end of the year if its done by then...hoping it is...were gonna be having joint house warming, kazs 21st & my 23rd...

lowrider 01-06-2009 06:20 PM

i went karting at archerfield in december last year, it was alrite, but there were less people at archerfield then kingston, kingston is usually packed and there racing for a good time cause there recorded, so overall i think archerfield is the betta one to go to guys, and im up for it, 4 sure ;)