AstinaGT Forums

AstinaGT Forums (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive Talk (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Chipa is selling out (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9420)

chipa 05-06-2007 09:43 PM

Chipa is selling out

Howdy all,

I haven't been around for a little while for several reasons. The main one is that I've been damn busy with work recently. The next one is that I've been sorting out some financial things. The reason for this second thing is because the 6th gear SP20 is being replaced with something from 'the parent company'. I'll reveal the new bad boy in about a week and a half. Just a hint: It is red and should provide a fair bit of fun.

I'll still be around on these forums, as not only does Mrs Chipa have her BG SP, but I've also got some good friends on here. I've also got to finish looking for good locations for the AGT 2008 get together.

In the meantime I've got quite a few things to get rid of. The 2.25" zorst being the most important as I want to try and swap with a stocker before the car is gone. Check this thread for details: FS: [VIC/NSW] - BJ parts

Cheers

- Chipa

chipa 05-06-2007 09:45 PM

I forgot to say that I'm feeling quite bad about letting her go, but the growing wish for a bigger car and more power has finally won. Plus I'm getting into kart racing a bit more and need better towing credentials. I do know I'll always miss the very decent point and shoot handling it has developed with mods, but the new car is also damn fine....

skitz 05-06-2007 11:34 PM

owww but your car was sooo cool.... what about ur sound system u taking that with ya.... so u got pics of ur new ride... congrads btw :P

glad to here ur still hanging around

chipa 05-06-2007 11:41 PM

I'm keeping all the audio equipment for now, except for the sub box which was built specifically to fit in the Astina boot and is tuned for that car.

skitz 05-06-2007 11:56 PM

good to hear ... so what did u lean towards? .... hihihi common tell us :P i got an idea but i wanta here first:p

Bear 06-06-2007 07:54 AM

so far ... red ... good for towing ... and fun ...
likely candidates at the moment are a 6L commodore (possibly HSV) or the 6L commode ute ;) either one would classify as fun with the manual and could tow very well ...

even better would be a HSV307 ... hmmmm BIG horsepower

but I'm patient ... and can say the same thing about something i have on order ... it's red and it's a LOT of fun .... hmmmm big(ish) horsepower

skitz 06-06-2007 08:09 AM

no expert here bear but i dont think holden is 'the parent company' ;)

if your cool for me to play gussing games :p my next question would be:

Quote:

King Spring Lows, TWM short shifter, split eardrums, blah blah blah and a little voice saying "I wish I had a turbo"
did that voice get answered?

cheers

Rupewrecht 06-06-2007 08:49 AM

LOL i know what it will be

Shame to see it go, but then there's always going to be something better out there. I'm impressed you've lasted this long considering what your brother drives ;)

So not going to palm it off to Nat then?

newman 06-06-2007 09:33 AM

TURBO! its a new lease on life!

bourbon 06-06-2007 09:48 AM

hha im suspection mazda3 mps or possibly mazda6 mps...now good towing car is the XR6T, just had a full car the other day with a heavy trailer and abike on it towed it al the way to stanthorpe and back and it was bloody awesome... :D

skitz 06-06-2007 10:07 AM

wouldnt think it would be an mps due to this coment...
"I'll always miss the very decent point and shoot handling"

but i was leaning towards the XR6T;)

i guss we will find out soon :D

bourbon 06-06-2007 11:12 AM

only reason i said MPS is cause of the turbo, red, and hes keeping in the same parent company...unless if it is a FORD :p hahahaha but got the XR6T...love them to bits...

Rupewrecht 06-06-2007 11:19 AM

At least the new car has 6 gears, hey Chris?

:p

marcs_sp20 06-06-2007 11:21 AM

Ford Focus XR5 Turbo? I have seen one of those little buggers carry a 12ft caravan behind it!

Bear 06-06-2007 12:08 PM

good point about parent company ... now ... unless i'm mistaken ... isn't ford the owner of mazda these days? so, it'll be an XRsumpin ...

and, of course Dan would know :P

skitz 06-06-2007 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bear (Post 134977)
good point about parent company ... now ... unless i'm mistaken ... isn't ford the owner of mazda these days? so, it'll be an XRsumpin ...

and, of course Dan would know :P

thats what i was getting at when u started with holdens i was like ..:confused: :confused: .. hahahaha

doesnt the XR6T have 6 Gears?! :p....
i am still sticking with the XR6T guss....

but happy to be wrong .... ya know u want to tell us chris

Rupewrecht 06-06-2007 01:50 PM

Wrong!

skitz 06-06-2007 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rupewrecht (Post 134988)
Wrong!

snap :eek: :eek: :eek:

**skitz runs and hides in bush**

really>? well is it at least a ford?

cheers

chipa 06-06-2007 02:47 PM

Well lets see. Parent company of Mazda = Ford, has been for some time. So narrowed down there a bit. as Dan has said, 6 gears, narrowed again.

Not too many choices now.... I'll be picking it up around next Wednesday so I'll have pics to show you all then.

As such, anyone who wants a kick ass exhaust for a BJ Astina (any model except 1.6L) you need to get in quick.

zappy65 06-06-2007 03:17 PM

would it happen to be an MPS....turbo...heavy duty clutch.....did you guys know that they run 1800 psi in the fuel rail...thats nuts....and it could toe i guess....and they have 6 gears....but it is not a ford...well most of it is i guess......