AstinaGT Forums

AstinaGT Forums (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Performance & General Maintenance (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   ECU Wiring Diagram for BP-05 (BA Series 3) (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15904)

SP BLING 11-01-2010 10:49 PM

ECU Wiring Diagram for BP-05 (BA Series 3)

Hi guys,

I finally got my car running, but I have major tuning issues trying to run my cams off the factory ECU. I've picked up a Greddy eManage to try and resolve the fuel delivery issues if possible.

I've found a wiring diagram on Club323f.com that seems to match my ECU on the pins that I tested, but it's missing the wiring for the MAF and RPM pickup point that I need to get the basic unit up and running.

http://www.club323f.com/content/club...uel_System.jpg

Does anyone have the full pinout listing of the ECU?

Mad Mat 11-01-2010 11:11 PM

rupe, ryan, and cosmo dude will be the best people to ask about this buddy :)

project.r.racing 11-01-2010 11:27 PM

rpm pick up should be 11 or 12 on that diagram. comes off the dissy somewhere, as the CAS is located within the dissy itself, but i forget which.

11 is the wiring for the pulse that is sent up to the tacho in the dash.

SP BLING 12-01-2010 12:20 AM

Yeah I've now found the CAS as 4F and the Ignition signal under 4N after searching the US forums.

But still need this confirmed and MAF location.

Mad Mat 12-01-2010 12:25 AM

ok mate sorry 4 this stupid question. so ur looking 4 the oxgen sensor on the exhaust manifold??? it number 52. aka to get the air fuel ratio???

asanga 12-01-2010 08:41 AM

the diagram you have there is for series 1/2. Series 3 is completely different. I've been searching for series 3 diagram for so long without any luck. I have all factory manuals including wiring diagram supplement but they all are written for series 1/2. Series 1/2 ECU has 3 plugs and series 3 has only 2 plugs. In series 3 ,MAF, IAT, TPS pins are all shifted from middle plug to left plug.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...U/IMG_0463.jpg
Top series 2, bottom series 3

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...ag/ECU/ECU.jpg

If you go by the above pin diagram

MAF wires are going to 4C=4A=4D (r/b), 4M (g/b), 4L (p), 4E, 4B(r/w)

These 5 wires include IAT within them. 4C,4A, 4D are all interconnected.

IAC wires 4Q (b/w), 4S (b)

O2 sensor 4J

TPS 4H (b/y), 4G (g/r) , 4E (b/b)

in series 1/2 ECU these pins are used for different sensors or not used at all
e.g 4E, 4H = crank position sensor (if available)
4G= not used
4S= not used
4Q= IAC valve

SP BLING 12-01-2010 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Mat (Post 222513)
ok mate sorry 4 this stupid question. so ur looking 4 the oxgen sensor on the exhaust manifold??? it number 52. aka to get the air fuel ratio???

No not the o2 sensor. Need the MAF (mass airflow meter) and RPM (tach) signal. This then allows you to play with the air/fuel ratios of the engine (in basic form).

Thanks Asanga! I'll give those a try. I saw your post elsewhere as well asking for the pinouts....

Cosmo Dude 12-01-2010 06:21 PM

The white wire from the distributor is tach signal, It looks like 4N is the ECU signal.
The only series 3 wiring manual I have is in Japaneese.

Cosmo Dude 12-01-2010 06:34 PM

Looks like 4M is air volume and 4L is air temp.
If 4L is an output its input is common to one wire on the TPS and a water temp sensor. If I can get my scanner working I'll scan the JDM page which may help (and try labling things in english).

SP BLING 12-01-2010 09:07 PM

Yep I've been working through it today as well.....

This is what I've got working so far:
4M is the MAF single
4L is the Air intake temp sensor
4H is the TPS
White wire from Dizzy is the RPM signal (currently pulling from Diagnosis connector)

This has allowed me to get the basic functions of the eManage working - and tested!

I'm currently working on the Injectors and Ignition at the moment. This is what I've found:

4U is Injector 1
4V is Injector 2
4W is Injector 3
4X is Injector 4
4C is Injector GND

4N is Ignition (Is this one correct as you had this as the ECU signal?)
4F is the Cam Angle Sensor (CAS)

SP BLING 12-01-2010 10:08 PM

Ok I've finished wiring the Injectors and Ignition as per the above and it works beautifully!

I've been able to add some additional timing in at idle and got it running relatively smooth now.

Any idea where the Dizzy tach single comes out at inside the cabin? I'm guessing it's the signal in the cluster driving the Tacho??

Cosmo Dude 13-01-2010 12:22 PM

It comes through the engine harness and switches to the front harness in one of the three plugs between the ECU and firewall.

SP BLING 19-01-2010 05:07 PM

Thanks Cosmo! I found it behind the Instrument Cluster which is a little easier to access, so I tapped into it there.

Going for a Dyno Tune tomorrow so that will hopefully 100% prove if all the connections are working properly.

SP BLING 20-01-2010 01:34 PM

Well the ECU wiring is spot on. I'll post up a full ECU pinout chart shortly for the Series 3 for anyone else wishing to use an eManage or other piggyback.

Unfortunately for me, the eManage has not got enough fuel adjustment for my (non standard) engine.... So it's now gotta be replaced with a full standalone.

project.r.racing 20-01-2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SP BLING (Post 223326)
Well the ECU wiring is spot on. I'll post up a full ECU pinout chart shortly for the Series 3 for anyone else wishing to use an eManage or other piggyback.

Unfortunately for me, the eManage has not got enough fuel adjustment for my (non standard) engine.... So it's now gotta be replaced with a full standalone.

Awesome for the 1st bit.

And what do you mean by the 2nd bit. Not enough adjustment to raise the amount of fuel injected in?

SP BLING 20-01-2010 02:16 PM

Yes - precisely that. I could possibly fit an adjustable fuel regulator to help increase the fuel pressure, but it's unknown if that'll still provide enough adjustment. Much easier to go for a full standalone.

Info from the tuner so far (yet to pick the car up):
  • Running rich at idle - factory ECU is constantly adjusting the IAC to keep the rpms low causing the idle to hunt.
  • Running very lean up to 4,500rpm (pings when hot)
  • Runs very rich from 4,500rpm up to 7,000rpm (black smoke out the exhaust)

project.r.racing 20-01-2010 02:38 PM

I thought the eManage controlled idle rpm?

SP BLING 20-01-2010 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by project.r.racing (Post 223341)
I thought the eManage controlled idle rpm?

No. Only air flow meter, ignition and limited injector control (extends injector duration only).

Evilist 20-01-2010 09:46 PM

I have the diagrams for the 3 plug ECU if someone wants them PM me i might upload them

project.r.racing 03-03-2011 04:11 PM

Bump - someone got the pin outs for Series 3 ecu?