AstinaGT Forums

AstinaGT Forums (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Queensland (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   QLD: Dec 15 Cruise (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21086)

Ice88 24-11-2013 11:27 PM

QLD: Dec 15 Cruise

When: Dec 15th, 10am at eaton hills shopping centre.
Route: http://goo.gl/maps/zw0AP
Where: Caboolture BP -> Mount Mee -> Clear Mountain -> Pei Road -> Mount Nebo
What to Bring: Usual. Sunscreen, Fuel, Money for Foods, sense of fun and adventure.

Anyone got suggestions for places for lunch? Was thinking maybe grab subway and find a park somewhere in the Gap? Suggestions please guys?

After Mt Nebo thought we would end the cruise, but at this stage thinking of cruising down to Movie World for the Paul Walker cruise back to DS Hamilton.

project.r.racing 25-11-2013 03:16 PM

You are probably better off going down Ilkley rd and Sunshine mwy to Buddina/Mooloolaba that going through Palmwoods and finishing in the middle of nowhere.

derb 25-11-2013 05:44 PM

I might come along for the first hour or so. Can't miss a clear mountain run.

Clean_Cookie 25-11-2013 11:37 PM

possible to start early so I can make it :-D I need to be back by 3ish :-(

micca 26-11-2013 10:20 AM

Could be keen to shoot over Clear Mountain to about Samsonvale. Stop there to get some photos and then head back over. Got a fishing comp on then with work but it's dependant on weather so will have to see how I go

derb 26-11-2013 02:48 PM

If you come out Micca we are totally going to smash Clear Mtn together. Sounds like we both want to just come to the first half of the day and then cruise home.

micca 26-11-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derb (Post 330860)
If you come out Micca we are totally going to smash Clear Mtn together. Sounds like we both want to just come to the first half of the day and then cruise home.

^ This :D

Alemenara 26-11-2013 07:51 PM

I'll be happy to meet up with the cruise at the end of mount mee road. Keen to do a run in the rx7, won't be going anywhere near mooloolaba though, its cop season :(

Ice88 27-11-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by project.r.racing (Post 330830)
You are probably better off going down Ilkley rd and Sunshine mwy to Buddina/Mooloolaba that going through Palmwoods and finishing in the middle of nowhere.

Coming along man? :D

(You know you want too :p)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alemenara (Post 330866)
I'll be happy to meet up with the cruise at the end of mount mee road. Keen to do a run in the rx7, won't be going anywhere near mooloolaba though, its cop season :(

Dude really. Just make sure it's not too low, too loud and make sure its legal (i.e. don't do stupid **** like cut chassis rails, fit engines that aren't meant to be in there (without mod plate) etc.). Drive sensibly, don't do 'laps' and you will be fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clean_Cookie (Post 330846)
possible to start early so I can make it :-D I need to be back by 3ish :-(

Gonna can the hunchy road run, in favour of heading down Ilkley road (we did this last time (the part where the guy on the side of the road frowned at you)) end up at Hogs Breath for some ribs (well im getting ribs :p).

project.r.racing 27-11-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice88 (Post 330881)
Quote:

Originally Posted by project.r.racing (Post 330830)

Coming along man? :D

(You know you want too :p)

Sure do want to. Now after months of tryng to find my handling issues, and solved. Wouldn't mind a run. Will know closer to the date. It rings bells in my head, so maybe I have something else on.

Ice88 27-11-2013 12:57 PM

If you do come man, would be good to catch up :)

marcs_sp20 27-11-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by project.r.racing (Post 330886)
It rings bells in my head, so maybe I have something else on.

Ask your wife ;)

Ben 27-11-2013 06:45 PM

I was going to go to downshift c&c then I've got a first birthday party to attend, so I don't think I'll have time to make this.

Also, mooloolaba cops aren't to worry... Got pulled over the other day and the cop said "you've got some mad fitment going on" and was more concerned about my expired rego sticker...

Alemenara 27-11-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Dude really. Just make sure it's not too low, too loud and make sure its legal (i.e. don't do stupid **** like cut chassis rails, fit engines that aren't meant to be in there (without mod plate) etc.). Drive sensibly, don't do 'laps' and you will be fine.

Its all legal lol, ride height is sensible (like 140mm or something) and its got a stock exhaust etc, its got the standard 13b turbo in it with no mods etc. Should be right but i don't really want to be dealing with cops lol.

Ice88 28-11-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alemenara (Post 330907)
Its all legal lol, ride height is sensible (like 140mm or something) and its got a stock exhaust etc, its got the standard 13b turbo in it with no mods etc. Should be right but i don't really want to be dealing with cops lol.

No one does man.

But living with this irrational fear of being picked up isn't doing you any good. In the end all it will foster is a sense of animosity which is ill placed.

If you don't want to come in the end that's fine man. I will be there in my car hopefully. In any event man, I hope you change your mind are able to join myself and the others for a relaxing meal and chill session.

Alemenara 28-11-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice88 (Post 330919)
No one does man.

But living with this irrational fear of being picked up isn't doing you any good. In the end all it will foster is a sense of animosity which is ill placed.

If you don't want to come in the end that's fine man. I will be there in my car hopefully. In any event man, I hope you change your mind are able to join myself and the others for a relaxing meal and chill session.

Well i'll go on the run at the very least, may or may not follow you into mooloolaba depends on how the cops are over the next couple of days, dot has been out defecting in mooloolaba the last couple nights and getting people for the smallest things, a mate got picked up for stressed rubbers on his swaybars & rack ends the other night. They've been pretty nasty here recently.

lukeyprotege 28-11-2013 05:30 PM

I've got this weekend off all is a go :)

Ice88 28-11-2013 05:34 PM

Thought you were working the Saturday Lukey?

lukeyprotege 28-11-2013 05:38 PM

Not anymore :) because I have to cover the weekend before it

BrownDog 28-11-2013 09:53 PM

im down for the cruise, love mountain runs

Quote:

hmmm, wonder if ill get defected for my "FORD engine conversion":p