AstinaGT Forums

AstinaGT Forums (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive Talk (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   New P plater laws (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4513)

-BraXta- 08-06-2005 06:12 PM

New P plater laws

Well...
the NSW government has gained some nuts and tryed one of their laws..

that law being for the ppl that have no idea what im on about... is that P platers i think from 30th of june cant drive High perfomance cars containing either a Turbo or V8 ... and certain cars which will be classed as high performance, Its been enforced to reduce p plater deaths in NSW... dunno if its in any other states

I reakon its interesting... i would like to see if it drops or not.. judging that the out of 4 accidents on the news they used as examples...

1 was a mirage.
another a charade..

and one was a WRX..
and the last i cant remember now...

also a P plater kid got done for runnin down a coppa ..

He was gettin done for goin 160 i think it was... In a Mirage...

so... i dont think the V8 and turbo ban will do much =P lol

Nate 08-06-2005 09:30 PM

why dont just do some decent driver training?

dont ban high performance cars, ban low performance drivers

-BraXta- 08-06-2005 09:39 PM

Sydney morning herald article

God i hate Micheal costa.. he has no f^$kin idea !! he cant even organise our trains ...

so they decided to throw his dumb ass into roads !!!!

Watch sydneys already bad traffic get worse =P hahaha

and is the 11th of july it starts

but yeh.. the Depowering of cars is pointless...

they also thought of Cerfews.. pfft..

and limiting p platers to 1 passanger at a time.. yeh like it dont take one person to tell a kid to do sumptin ... =P

i agree with nate... driver training.. but comon... thats a simple idea... and it costs money.. you think the government wants that =P lol

mrpayner 08-06-2005 09:41 PM

Amen to what Nate has said.. there's bugger all good driver training out there.. THey should definately introduce it into high school, and really have something like the BMW driver training setup..

It may reduce some of the loss of life, but you can still do high speeds in a 1.3Lt econobox just like a V8 or turbo. It just takes a little longer to get there.

Maybe a ban on VL's would be good too.. :p

AP

-BraXta- 08-06-2005 09:56 PM

funny thing is a guy at tafe is sellin his Hilux Surf to get a FJ20 turbo Bluebird

lol

he has also lost his licenser recently and just got it back for goin 140 in a 100 zone..

=P

so hes restarting his Red Ps...

lol

now he cant get his bluebird.. and im gonna rub it in cause he keep goin on for me to get a real car.. meaning a rear wheel drive =P

now ill just say.. well looks like my car is the only car you CAN get =P hehehah

chicaboo 08-06-2005 10:01 PM

Hmmm, FJ20 turbo. *drools* The Toyota boys loved crossbreeding those with their 'stangs...

Nate 08-06-2005 10:10 PM

is this a statewide ban ... or just a ban on NSW licence holders?

CRA23 08-06-2005 10:15 PM

there are a few engines out side of thoes not allowed that go really hard like most of the honda vtech range under 2L, 4 cyl and in small cars or the toyota 20v 1.6L engine or the nissan sr20de, which for a na engine is very good.

the list i heard that p's arent allwowed is v6's, strait 6's, v8's, modifyed engines, turbos, supercharges and anything over a certan compasity cant remember what it was

Nate 08-06-2005 10:18 PM

what about triple rotors ... :p

mcwilly 08-06-2005 10:18 PM

i agree that u can speed in any car, if they are goin to speed they will do it in anything . there are so many tools round my area which have **** boxes and hoon around wid no control. atleast wid a wrx they have a car wid great handling aswell non of this commodore **** (i hate commodores)

-BraXta- 08-06-2005 10:21 PM

My gf just told me in a Newspaper article it was 8 Cylinder + cars and any car with turbo

Astro Boy 09-06-2005 03:33 PM

wot about turbo diesel??

Hell, even a 1L Turbo Charade is hardly a pocket rocket....

But as its been said... my 1.3L N/A gets to 188km/hr... doesn't matter that its not a v8 or turbo, its still gonna kill me if i can't drive it *roilling eyes*

Soon we'll all be forced to drive Daewoo Matizs' :D *cold shivver*

Cosmo Dude 09-06-2005 07:22 PM

eh....
Cosmo grumbles about the youth of today as he pushes his walking frame toward the bingo centre.
Seriously though. If the people pushing this rubish had their way you wouldn't get your learners permit until you had a ten year spotless driving record?????
It would be better if you couldn't renew your licence without passing a road law test. That way the driving public would be better educated as a whole.

Nate 09-06-2005 08:55 PM

driver training driver training ... manditory once every 3 years you have to attend a skilled / defensive driving course, and pass the road rules test ... the government would make a fortune.

oh and another thing to think about ... if some knob P plater lost it in his dads patrol, then came sidways towards you,what would you rather be in, the astina or a commodore

twilightprotege 09-06-2005 09:05 PM

the easiest solution i see is have police organised drag racing, like what used to be at the gold coast. "hooning" was limited way back then. it encouraged ppl that wanna flog their cars to do it in a controlled environment.

but still, this wont effect any current drivers from what i can gather, so what's the problem?

Nate 09-06-2005 09:08 PM

control! they are taking away or rights dammit

twilightprotege 09-06-2005 09:14 PM

there are always going to be hooning so there's nothing the govt can do about it. hell i'm well out of my P's and still drive like a lunatic from time to time

however, i totally agree with limiting p platers to less powerful cars. they should be limited to 4cyl under 1.8L non-turbo. i was just lucky i didnt wrap my first car (holden ute with a v8) around a tree. still it comes back to better training, far far far harder tests and doing something to encourage the ppl who will race on the street to do it off the street.

CRA23 09-06-2005 09:16 PM

thay closed that cos the residents rear it complained cos of the sound, and also that cops were allowed to go over your car if u were goin to race..

mrpayner 10-06-2005 08:00 AM

No matter what they do, even the harshest training and written testing, there's still going to be dickheads out there.

I had recently thought about that drag racing that used to be on the GC we have an airport here in ballarat that rarely gets used at night time [except for night flight training occasionally]. It's probably in every city/town that we live, but it's amazing to see the amount of black rubber that is left on the roads around the streets here in ballarat. It's not just on deserted streets away from everything, but actually in suburbia as well!

I bet a petition to the cops about running drags at the airport would be knocked back, even if they decide that charging an entry fee would cover costs and give them a little revenue at the same time. I'd happily pay a $10 cover charge [which waves the right the sue after signing and entry form as well] to go and see street legal drag racing. But oh well..

AP

Nate 10-06-2005 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPayner
but it's amazing to see the amount of black rubber that is left on the roads around the streets here in ballarat. It's not just on deserted streets away from everything, but actually in suburbia as well!

i have a ripper out the front of my house :p