AstinaGT Forums

AstinaGT Forums (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Queensland (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   State of origin (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14434)

lowrider 01-06-2009 07:41 PM

State of origin

Hey guys,

Thought i would throw it out there for some fun :p

So, Whats everyone doin for origin??? ima be drinking watchin the origin and crashing at my bro's house and skipping work the next day lol :p

and GO QLD ;)

marcs_sp20 01-06-2009 07:49 PM

UP THE MAROONS!!! :D:D:D:D

Still cant understand why Melbourne should be part of this, when its only between 2 states, QLD & NSW... Opinions?

project.r.racing 01-06-2009 07:50 PM

QUEENSLANDER!!!

lowrider 01-06-2009 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcs_sp20 (Post 197280)
UP THE MAROONS!!! :D:D:D:D

Still cant understand why Melbourne should be part of this, when its only between 2 states, QLD & NSW... Opinions?

lol melb is victoria, so god knows but

GO QLD BABY!!!!!!!
Lets win it again this year

bourbon 01-06-2009 08:05 PM

BLUES!!! melbourne gets it to try and boost NRL ratings in melb...it has worked a little bit but not much...who cares where it is held really...id prefer if they did brisbane one round, sydney another & melbourne the last...

and i wont even have the big TV set up for it :(

marcs_sp20 01-06-2009 08:12 PM

i'll be watching the games on our 37" tv on full HD :D:D

bourbon 01-06-2009 08:32 PM

ill be watchin game 2 and 3 on a 42 :p

phildough 01-06-2009 08:53 PM

I'll be watching it in my lounge on the 200 hz sony 40" on insane 5.1 surround system... I cant wait...
Almost as good as being there

rodhog 01-06-2009 09:39 PM

You know why it's because it's Waste in sydney. Fact

Yeah I'm from Sydney but unlike Sydney Melbourne Embraces **** - really it does.

I was in Mexico during the firsT audre Reuir **** and it's all anyone talked about, people thought I was in town because of that crap. I mean At the time I had bright pink/red hair and I was definatley not there to see any Music ****.

but they love events.

It's overall better place to be for the big events.

You can't have F1 in sydney or anything similar, it just won't work out. Okay we held the best Olympics ever but it's because most people moved out or were involved and IT was special but weekend events just don't work.

hell even the State of Origin it's like yeah after work IO'm really going to want to race across town get home change and then take a train ot the homebush - when I can watch it at home in peace or at The best club in the world Canterbury leagues.

Thats sydney point of view, on the other hand if I had spare 3 days off work and extra cash to splurge I'd go to melbourne fly down Wednesday - doing some visitng recovery thursday and have a extra extra long weekend.
Proberly drop 15K in the state but it's good for the economy.

I spent 1 weekend and dropped 5K - who knows what a mega weekend would do to me.

As for the game

QLD better WIN - if QLD dont' win 3-0 and or series I'm down over $200.
80% Australian team how bad would it look being beate by Giddy up GIDLY and his band of wannabes.

My minds on the season, If the Roosters can get back on track, and can my beloved Dogs finsh strong to the end a top top 8 and of semi appearance is all that is needed

70NYD 01-06-2009 11:44 PM

i think melb should get the final every time. not bacause of anything else except for the "home team advantage" factor..
blues?!? never heard of them :p
GO MAROONS

mussing 02-06-2009 12:14 AM

I don't care either way, but yeah I heard that they were having it in Melbourne to avoid "home team advantage" like Tony said. Just like how they put Australia's capital between Sydney and Melbourne.

Btw is the Sydney game at homebush? If it is that's gonna be a bugger, I live pretty close to there.

DavoAust 02-06-2009 12:35 AM

They put it in Melbourne to attract the extra NRL crowd down there. no other reason but money. they can say 'no home team advantage' but at the end of the day they did it for the money. that said

GO THE MAROONS

karamello 02-06-2009 01:27 AM

im not into it as much as everyone else is but i am a blues fan considering i spent most of my life in sydney

Rupewrecht 02-06-2009 09:16 AM

Hah no one in Melbourne gives a rats arse anyway. Most of them are too AFL-centric.

bourbon 02-06-2009 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rupewrecht (Post 197330)
Hah no one in Melbourne gives a rats arse anyway. Most of them are too AFL-centric.

thats it bud, either AFL or soccer in melb isnt it...but yeah AFL supporters dont normally like NRL, just like NRL supporters dont normally like AFL...

i dont mind either but prefer to watch AFL live as its more free flowing

Rupewrecht 02-06-2009 09:32 AM

Yeah mostly AFL, but Soccer has really grown in the last 5 years. I do have a friend that is a rabid Storm supporter though, so there are follower out there.

karamello 02-06-2009 11:10 AM

just to add...its no longer called soccer in australia. it is now football. the media however refuse to acknowledge it as football

70NYD 02-06-2009 11:21 AM

they can refuse all they want. i dont know why they botther calling it football, US and AUS have football and thats AFL here and NFL there, rugby is rugby weather leage or union.. its not like EU where the predominant football is the one played with a round ball not a egg.. there it makes sence calling it football cus thats what everyone is bought up with. they are all good for their own things. soccer is interesting to watch cus of the skill and ball controll they have, afl is interesting cus its a fast paced semi hard hitting game with a fair amount of skill involved, and rugby is very interesting cus the players are fast and very good on their feet and every match is like watching a medievil battle feild :p my 2c

soccer - afl - rugby is like a sliding scale that starts with skill on the left and ends up with brute force on the right

mussing 02-06-2009 12:28 PM

Personally I couldn't care less, but as far as my friends at uni who actually care about sports are concerned:

Soccer = football
AFL / Union / League = handegg :p

bourbon 02-06-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mussing (Post 197350)
Personally I couldn't care less, but as far as my friends at uni who actually care about sports are concerned:

Soccer = football
AFL / Union / League = handegg :p

their not real aussies then :p

football is something that involves, holden utes, meat pies, beer & kangaroos :p haaha