AstinaGT Forums

AstinaGT Forums (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive Talk (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   More damage!!!! - Another battering (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129)

kyra 04-12-2002 01:57 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Guys,

I honestly can't believe this... was parked at bay st, banking some cheques for work.... on my way back to the car, and see some old guy in a ****ty subaru leone pulling into the spot on the left of my baby... then bang.. he swipes the left side of the astina with the front right bumper of his **** box!!! I am normally a kind, gentle person, but this freaked me out.. I yelled at him, and abused this 70+ old (should not be driving) fool, and he laughs it off... anyways, wouldn't give me any of his details, very frustrating, but I held on to my nerve and eventually after calming down whilst explaining that he was liable for the damage, he showed me his license.
There is a bit of damage to the rear left of the bumper, the rim is scratched, and part of the paintwork on the rear left door is scratched too... and the bastard is paying for all of it. He lives in an area where the median house price is about 500k, f'n oath he is paying for all of it!

Anyways, RACV said he is liable, and it will cost me nothing, and won't touch my rating 1.

Trying to get back to work now... grrr!!! why me? that's 2 hits in the space of 6 weeks.

Bill[/color:post_uid0]

MrShadow 04-12-2002 02:07 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Tough luck man :(

I'm always worried about parking at uni. The bays are so small comapred to other places. I've been lucky so far.[/color:post_uid0]

Rupewrecht 04-12-2002 02:16 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]gah, that sucks :( :angry: had you got the last damage repaired yet? :(

oh btw, have you tinted your tailights black? as there was a black SP20 in Coventry Street with the tinted rear lights and it had a few marks on the front bumper...and i left a card on it LOL[/color:post_uid0]

kyra 04-12-2002 02:56 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]thanks guys, I know.. it sucks ass.

Dan, I am waiting on a phone call 'early this week' regarding the new front bar for my car... so, looks like I will get both ends repaired at the same time... hopefully before christmas.
Nope, wasn't me on Coventry st (where is that?!?!)... no tints on my rear lights...but sounds ok.

I think the most disturbing part, besides my car getting damaged again, was the poor old guy didn't even realise he hit me... if I get to that age and don't realise I DROVE INTO another car, I'll be the first to hand in my licence.

Rupewrecht 04-12-2002 03:15 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Coventry Street crosses Clarendon St, and it was just near the South Melbourne Market

was a flattish (not that glossy) spray tint, looked alright :)[/color:post_uid0]

mrpayner 04-12-2002 03:36 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Some drivers can be inconsiderate pricks! At least he didn't hit and run!!

Can the car mod gods kindly look down on us and stop this wicked assult on our precious Astina's!!! please!!! This is bloody ridiculous!!

:( :(

Hope you get it fixed up soon Bill

Adam[/color:post_uid0]

Critter 04-12-2002 09:15 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Commiserations, Bill.....again!!
You're having a lousy run.

Keep away from our Astinas, world!!![/color:post_uid0]

BigMal 04-12-2002 11:30 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid1]Same sentiments as everybody else mate.
It gets beyond a joke quite often the people
they allow to have licenses. I am into having
people do a driving test every 5-10 years just to
prove you can still do it and haven't developed
any bad habits. ****s me how many people cant
use a roundabout especially grey power people.

Anyway sorry about accident mate.

Mal[/color:post_uid1]

bRaDiNhO 05-12-2002 05:49 AM

[color=#FF0000:post_uid0]Had to laugh at the reaction sorry, sounded very similar to me :(

But tough luck..... I still can't believe how stupid some people can be, it really doesnt take much to avoid something like that. :angry: Im with Mal in that regualr testing should be done, but we all know what the consequences in that would be,at least in NSW - the good drivers end up failing for going 2kmph over the speed limit and lose their licence until retest while the dodgy drivers will usually pass coz theres not time to make many mistakes. At least our driving test is better than the Indians who at one stage had to drive along a straight line for 10 metres, then reverse along the line for 10 metres to get their licence. :D Anyway, yea, tough luck. Maybe you can get a dodgy repair shop to convince the insurers that there was an aftermarket bodykit on the car...... :;):[/color:post_uid0]

kyra 06-12-2002 05:21 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]CLAIM DENIED.....

somebody is going to become seriously injured shortly.

claim was under the basic excess = claim denied...
i'll try some other smash repairs, but going from 360 to 400 might look dodgy now.
****nnnnnn C@#$##@s!

sorry, just venting my anger.[/color:post_uid0]

sik astina 06-12-2002 05:51 AM

[color=#0000FF:post_uid12]OMG why did they deny the clam for? sorry to hear that bill

-Mick[/color:post_uid12]

MrShadow 06-12-2002 07:11 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]****nnnnnn C@#$##@s!

sorry, just venting my anger.[/quote:post_uid0]

I hate that, you pay them money, and then they have the hide to say "No, sorry [i:post_uid0]mate[/i:post_uid0], not paying you jack."

Just remeber to take out your anger in a healthy, constructive manner. *May I suggest a combination of bricks, golf balls, baseball bats and their nearest offices? (Just kidding) *:;): *:p

[quote:post_uid0]OMG why did they deny the clam for? sorry to hear that bill
[/quote:post_uid0]

The reapirs have to be more than a certain amount for the insurance company to pay, no matter who is at fault. *Various companies have different excess amounts that depend on what cover you have to the alignment of the stars when you were born.[/color:post_uid0]

sik astina 06-12-2002 07:30 AM

[color=#0000FF:post_uid0]couldn't bill go see or ring the person who hit him and make him pay for the damage since the insurance wont pay?

-Mick[/color:post_uid0]

kyra 06-12-2002 10:33 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Guys,

All sorted... I called the 'person' up before and he is happy to pay $250 to get it fixed... i got 2 quotes... 250 (dodgy) and 357 (mx5 factory), so i'll take his 250, put the rest in and get a proper job done at mx5 factory.

Lucky i was nice to him.

Thanks guys!!!

Rupewrecht 06-12-2002 10:39 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]or you could take it to the place where i got mine done - Nomad Auto Restorations in Mentone. absolutely brilliant job, and a good price too :)

does lots of custom work too :;):[/color:post_uid0]

BigMal 06-12-2002 11:47 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid1]That doesn't sound right. You are claiming against his
insurance and not yours so the excess stuff shouldn't
come in to play. They are supposed to act on your
behalf in this matter. If he is not insured they should
chase him. Thats what my insurance company did for
me when a guy cut in front of me and busted my guard.

Regards

Mal[/color:post_uid1]

kyra 07-12-2002 12:44 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]I fully agree with you Mal... but what if he is with the SAME insurance company??? I'm positive that is what has happened, and RACV just said, nah, no claim... In the insurance contract, it states that the claim must be greater than my excess (400) ... even though I am not at fault.

Dan, my new front 'cover' is sitting at mx5 factory as we speak, just waiting on the funds from the grandpa to start work.

There goes the stereo I was wanting to put in after christmas... oh well... it can wait.[/color:post_uid0]

bRaDiNhO 07-12-2002 01:37 PM

[color=#FF0000:post_uid0]Still, any insurance company should be paying you no matter what the damage. The person who damaged your car has to pay no matter what (legally), whether that be through insurance or money. Theres no minimum, if you're not at fault, you get if fixed. If he was with RACV, they could very well be reluctant to pay. Thats just them being dodgy tho. No matter tho, at least youre getting the cash to fix it. $250 sounds pretty good, what are they doing? Im assuming straightening the current bar, and respray? Either way, very cheap.[/color:post_uid0]