AstinaGT Forums

AstinaGT Forums (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio Hi-fi (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What Speakers For A Sp20 (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5327)

twilightprotege 17-11-2005 11:42 AM

this is the page you want :

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...6_4089,00.html

WuVoou 17-11-2005 11:52 AM

I just want the speakers in the front and rear doors i dont want the tweeters or the other stuff just need to know what ones to get to put in the doors out of the ones below ive always used these speakers in all my other cars in the front and rear doors but i dont remember if they were 2 way or 4 way :)

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...6_4075,00.html

twilightprotege 17-11-2005 11:58 AM

imo, 2 way. 4 ways are gimmicks

WuVoou 17-11-2005 12:04 PM

Ok so out of the first three speakers which are the yellow ones 2 way do i get the first one with 280 watts or either the other two with 260 watts?

twilightprotege 17-11-2005 12:19 PM

if you're getting an amp, the top one, if not, the 2nd one

WuVoou 17-11-2005 12:30 PM

Ive got a amp a mono block pioneer one thanks for your help :)

twilightprotege 17-11-2005 12:33 PM

mono block for those speakers???

WuVoou 17-11-2005 12:53 PM

The reason i bought a mono block is because i use to have 2 pioneer subwoofers in a box and i had to get the mono block so the amp could handle the power of the subs

WuVoou 17-11-2005 12:54 PM

I have now got a Pionner mp3 cd player with one pioneer sub in the box the mono block amp and just need the speakers

*blick. 17-11-2005 04:29 PM

Forgive me if i'm wrong but I was of the opinion that monoblocs only had 1 channel and are hence only used for powering amps since the sound produced from them are non-directional

The monobloc is perfect for the sub you already have but you will need a 2 channel amp to power your speakers

Also i think your car has 5x7 oval speakers in the front doors, only the rear speakers are 6.5 inchs. This means if you want to put 6.5 inch speakers in the front as well you'll be needing to make a spacer to make a round speaker fit into a oval hole

This website has tons of helpful information on car audio installation http://www.caraudioaustralia.com

DB0984 17-11-2005 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *blick.
Also i think your car has 5x7 oval speakers in the front doors, only the rear speakers are 6.5 inchs. This means if you want to put 6.5 inch speakers in the front as well you'll be needing to make a spacer to make a round speaker fit into a oval hole

We already covered that on the first page of this thread.

*blick. 17-11-2005 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DB0984
We already covered that on the first page of this thread.

I know that, but since WuVoou made this comment

Quote:

Originally Posted by WuVoou
i'm going to buy 6inch there round and pioneer and blue but it says on the box 2 way or 4 way which ones i dont know much about speakers

I just thought it may need a little reinforcement :p

chipa 17-11-2005 10:57 PM

To put it simply, you need 2 2-channel amps or 1 4-channel amp to run any higher powered speakers. That is if you want to do it properly. Otherwise you'll just end up screwing the speakers. Unless you buy smaller powered speakers you'll be lucky to get much of a gain. Sure some of the frequencies will sound better, but in the end its not worth it. I haven’t seen a head unit that could claim 20WRMS per channel and the speakers you are looking at are rated at between 2 – 3 times that.

And not wanting the tweeters? I hate to say it but you’ll be disappointed without them. Jump in a car with a decently placed component system and then get in one with integrated speakers in the bottom of the door. If you don’t notice a massive difference you’ve got hearing problems!

Critter 18-11-2005 08:48 PM

You can put the tweeters of a split or component system on the inside of the door mirrors and they are out of the way, just aim them across the car. Works decently well.

As I am in the wholesale side of the biz, pm me if you want some help, WuVoou.

goldsp 19-11-2005 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Critter
You can put the tweeters of a split or component system on the inside of the door mirrors and they are out of the way, just aim them across the car. Works decently well.

As I am in the wholesale side of the biz, pm me if you want some help, WuVoou.

this is where i mounted my spilts and they sound very good indeed.:)

WuVoou 19-11-2005 01:26 PM

Iv'e got a guy that will be fitting my system he did my last car and sounded good,iv'e got a 1000watt mono block amp and a pionner 12inch sub with the pionner mp3 cd player just need the speakers.My last system the amp was set up to the sub and the deck was running the front speakers and i think the back as well it never blow up at all was really loud,sounded good crystal clear.

goldsp 19-11-2005 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WuVoou
Iv'e got a guy that will be fitting my system he did my last car and sounded good,iv'e got a 1000watt mono block amp and a pionner 12inch sub with the pionner mp3 cd player just need the speakers.My last system the amp was set up to the sub and the deck was running the front speakers and i think the back as well it never blow up at all was really loud,sounded good crystal clear.

sounds like you were happy with your last steup so no point in changing a thing. Just keep it all the same :)

WuVoou 21-11-2005 07:30 AM

The guy knows what he's doing so i'll just leave it to him

WuVoou 21-11-2005 10:39 AM

The guy has done my brothers car today,and he looked at mine and told me to get the speakers in the front doors dont worry about the back doors instead have 6 x 9's in the parcel shelf cause it will sound much clearer.Has anyone got 6 x 9's in there car what does it sound like?

twilightprotege 21-11-2005 11:03 AM

rear speakers are pure fillers. parcel shelf speakers will sound better because they use the boot area as an enclosure and increase the bass. with a sub woofer, there will be no difference between parcel shelf speakers and rear door speakers