AstinaGT Forums

AstinaGT Forums (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Group Buys & Special Offers (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   10% discount coupon code for PowerBulbs (http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7713)

chicaboo 09-10-2006 07:13 PM

10% discount coupon code for PowerBulbs

Hey kids,

Get yourself a 10% discount, in addition to the free international shipping and free Philips Blue Vision W5W bulbs when you order from http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk with the coupon code: astinagt

Cheers,
Gav.

Red Frog 10-10-2006 10:07 AM

YAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! You rock, Gav!! :D

I have always bought my bulbs through these guys. The delivery time from the UK to here is amazing! Once I got them within 3 days of ordering them! They have extremely competitive prices which I doubt you could find cheaper anywhere else + you always get a free set of blue (bright white) parking-light bulbs with every order.

Definitely recommend this company. They are very professional and always on time.

Rupewrecht 10-10-2006 10:12 AM

Lol you may want to relink it, Gav...you've been moderated!

Red Frog 10-10-2006 10:33 AM

He's what?! Man, and i even shared a bed w/ you.... ;) well and w/ Nate and Coley too.....*lalalaa.....*

Yeah was only thinking that. In the new traders section?

DB0984 10-10-2006 12:50 PM

i just tried the coupon code and it would not work. Came up with "ERROR! - The coupon code you gave has expired. "

This is the code i used from msprotege.com AHMED625

addy 11-10-2006 12:19 AM

Im looking at getting the Philips bluevision 4000k H4 bulbs, has anyone used it b4?Any good? hmmm.. the coupon doesnt work for me as well.

DB0984 11-10-2006 08:08 AM

Just tried it again and get this not. "ERROR! - The coupon code you gave is not reusable and has already been used. "

I tried both upper and lower case.

chicaboo 11-10-2006 08:32 AM

Alright, I'll email John again and tell him the new coupon code is still bogus.

But Dean, in the meantime you can email John Conboy at sales@powerbulbs.co.uk and he will still honour the 10% discount if you mention me and astinagt. You might have to get a refund on your credit card. It is in John's best interests to sort this out too, as he has to manually refund to give the discount otherwise.

Gav.

DB0984 11-10-2006 09:22 AM

Thanx Gav

addy 15-10-2006 10:15 PM

i just used the coupon again and got this "ERROR! - The coupon code you gave is not reusable and has already been used."

chicaboo 21-10-2006 12:13 AM

Hi guys, let's see if we are 3rd time lucky with the coupon code. AYSCX1729 is the new code, I have updated the top of the page to suit. I will most likely order some Silver Vision Indicator bulbs this weekend, so I will know if the code works then myself. In the meantime, try the new code, and if it doesn't work, just contact them directly before and/after your order.

Gav.

Plutonus 21-10-2006 09:26 AM

Ooooh. What's the best bulb for a BA Astina (shocking standard bulbs as I guess most of you know)?? And is it H1 or something else, I've read so many different things in different places lol.

chicaboo 21-10-2006 10:57 AM

Actually, since the BA has gay headlights, I reckon you should look at some of the LED options once you know what type of globe socket you are looking for. They don't sell LED style headlights at powerbulbs, but if you have a look around, you might find something that works really well.

Gav.

Rupewrecht 21-10-2006 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plutonus
Ooooh. What's the best bulb for a BA Astina (shocking standard bulbs as I guess most of you know)?? And is it H1 or something else, I've read so many different things in different places lol.

http://astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3154

Only way to find out is look at the top of them - it says on there :p

addy 21-10-2006 02:51 PM

Hey just tried the coupon and it works!!Gonna order Phillips blue vision H3 n H4 for me self.Thanx Chicaboo!!Does that mean i get 2 pairs of parkers as well?

Plutonus 21-10-2006 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicaboo
Actually, since the BA has gay headlights, I reckon you should look at some of the LED options once you know what type of globe socket you are looking for. They don't sell LED style headlights at powerbulbs, but if you have a look around, you might find something that works really well.

Gav.

Had a bit of a Google just before, didn't find much :confused: . Know of any online places where I can have a squiz?

Cheers,
Matt

chicaboo 21-10-2006 06:53 PM

Addy: Nice to hear the coupon worked! The Philips H4 will come with a pair of parkers aswell, so you should have 2 sets including the free pair. It's been suggested before that the extra pair will work in the interior downlighting (not the festoon holder). Good choice on the Blue Vision by the way, they are very pleasent.

Plutonus: I can't find anything for headlight/highbeam use, but there is heaps of LED for all other car lighting. I did find one HID type LED projector, but I guess that market is still growing. I guess you could run +30, +50 brighter lighting, or if you are prepared to see an autoelectrician, there is Rally/GT rated lighting which are significantly brighter.

Gav.

Plutonus 21-10-2006 08:43 PM

Would bluevision be alright for my BA? I like the blue tinge look :p

chicaboo 21-10-2006 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plutonus
Would bluevision be alright for my BA? I like the blue tinge look :p

I dunno if the Blue Vision work for you without knowing what bulbs your BA uses. The Blue Vision come in a good range of bulb types, so there is no reason why they wouldn't make a bulb to suit the BA.
If you like blue tinge look, maybe consider the next step up from the Blue Vision (3500-4000K), which I think are Crystal Vision (4000-4300K). Crystal Vision make a nice little blue halo, where the Blue Vision despite the name, are a more pure cool white.

Gav.

Plutonus 21-10-2006 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicaboo
I dunno if the Blue Vision work for you without knowing what bulbs your BA uses. The Blue Vision come in a good range of bulb types, so there is no reason why they wouldn't make a bulb to suit the BA.
If you like blue tinge look, maybe consider the next step up from the Blue Vision (3500-4000K), which I think are Crystal Vision (4000-4300K). Crystal Vision make a nice little blue halo, where the Blue Vision despite the name, are a more pure cool white.

Gav.

Which give the greater advantage in vision? I live sort of in the country and have alot of dark streets and I'd like a gain in light output aswell.

Thanks for your help so far!