Thread: s-afc in a BJ
View Single Post
Old 18-06-2008, 03:59 PM   #50
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

Car: 1996 BA Hatch & 2005 RX8
i dont know much bout microtech but i know that a haltech will do everything. gives you huge improvements like LordWorm was talking bout + acts as a turbo timer, boost controler and alot of other sht too. depends how u program it. friend of mine races MX5s n he has one in his car. thats the only thing he has in his engine bay thats aftermarket, oh and a pod filter, and apart from the fact that hes a really really bad driver the car has a huuge improvement. most other mx5s in his category(nonturbo) have extensive work done to the engine. he had a really worked engine, all internals were forged, lightened and balanced. but when he put the head together he used the old timing chain. with oversized pistons, when the chain let go in second lap, you could see bits of metal everywhere. there was a hole half the size of my head on the side of the block but since then he uses stock engines, mainly from lasers, and a mx5 sump, and haltech n does decent times. if he was a better driver he would b 2nd or 3rd easily every time. woa i went of on a tangent there completly