View Single Post
Old 24-02-2010, 09:29 PM   #53
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

Car: 1996 BA Hatch & 2005 RX8
well to be honest if he said with RWC but 500 more to me that sounds genuine esp if he said the tyres need replacing cus if u have stock wheels thats about how much it would be for 4 tires+ballancing+allignment , because alot of ppl do sell cars like that. u might just have really bad luck and the sht hit the fan AFTER u bought it and now u need all these things changed. if something is about to let go most of the time its without warning... i mean obvious warnings. u can c the timing belt being stretched and having small cracks but hay our cam gears are covered in cast iron (or alloy whatever) and the engine mounts are easy to miss sometimes. as for oil, i have to run thick oil in my engine cus its old (ie 20w50) and project.r.racing had to run even thicker oil in his cus his engine had fubared rings, but this was b4 he refurbed it. and my oil gets dirty within a week after i change it, well not dirty but its black and not clear (not very black just not clear lol... i clearly cant explain) as for oil leaks our engines leak from the O-ring on the dizzy and the tappet cover cus the gasket gets old and fubared (these engines are like 15yr old as for brakes if they havent worn out like 90% (like 1mm left) it doesnt constitute a replacment for RWC wiper blades are liek $15. the boot and the window are broken? y did u pay so much for the auto with a broken boot?? honestly man if he told u he will sell it unregistered as is (ie without a RWC) then there is nothing u can do about it.
im jsut pointing out that there can allways be to parts to every story.