View Single Post
Old 21-06-2010, 11:27 AM   #179
NaughtyGT

Car: Sooby B4 - Astina SP parting out
NOW! this is where it gets interesting. Some facts to lay down about LPG & what's the latest & not-so greatest things going around!

I've researched the pants off this so here we go......

Vapour Injection: Hmmmm. Sounds good. Wouldn't touch it for now. In a few years maybe they will get it right but for now. Nope! Not just the rediculous cost. Anywhere up to $8k to use the best gear including top shelf Stand Alone & the rest. The kits being turned out are simply crap! From the horses mouth that's all I'll elaborate for now so as not to offend any member that may wish to go this route. I aint' pullin' no punches that's all!!!

Liquid Injection: Even greater expense far outways advantages! They don't tell you about the ECU associated fiddly bits necessary to set up etc etc......

Hense the most reliable & powerful LPG cars are still via a GR Mixer. However. The later GR components are not as good as he earlier stuff so be weary of the new GR gear for now & seemingly the future unfortunately

Spoke @ length with turbo specy this morning. The GR set up on the Merc incorporates the older style, more robust GR Mixer that made it such an awesome product for high performance race cars. Still above anything today. The problem was it was fitted & modified all wrong! Here's why.

No jet in the main venturi body that feeds into the barrel Access line that feeds into IC pipe that exits the mixer connected wrong. Cog that works in sequence with the TB mechanism/cable not working. THIS IS WHY IT STARVED ENGINE OF GAS!!!!

So suffice to say car is being picked up tomorrow morning to go to workshop. Old Mixer is being sent off to have venturi enlarged & body/mechanisms to be reconditioned. New twin converters being ordered. Inlet manifold does NOT need modifying after all. Custom exhaust manifold to be started ASAP. Bob's your uncle. Going for minimum 400HP. I would say this is max for the turbo & stock head gasket/compression

I a happy chappy now

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
NaughtyGT is offline   Reply With Quote