View Single Post
Old 19-11-2011, 12:45 AM   #66
Ben

Car: MPS
Quote:
Originally Posted by maztech View Post
So other things involved , I am still not convinced that the O2 sensor is faulty .
What sort of condition is the exhaust and cat converter in?
How long did the car missfire for before anything was done ?
Yes, other things involved! I dont know how my mechanic can actually miss seing oil in the spark plug holes. Far out.

o2 is defiantly faulty, same codes re-appeared after they cleared it last time. The car is currently running fine (with no oil in its spark plugs funnily enough) Just has random spits at low revs now (Thats apparently the o2 sensors)

Exhaust, it seems to be in decent order. It's not a el-cheapo. No kind of physical fault in it.

Originally my coils blew. They were replaced, car ran fine... 2 months later a spit came. It was in the mechanic the next day. Mechanic changed dirty fuel filter, spark plugs and leads. Spit was gone. Another month later, spit came back (2 weeks ago this was) I was literally driving past my mechanic, so i called in. Went for a drive, no faults (didn't do it) drove it around for another week. BAM! Epic fail, I posted this, next day it was in Mazda. They didn't do anything but tell me the o2 sensor needed changing, come back when it happens again so we can rectify and see if its the same codes...Thursday this week, it came back again. Today it was back at the mechanic where tada this all happened. It doesn't spit constantly, its very intermittent. Thats the news, you're up to date.

I'm really just hoping its the o2 sensors & this oil leak... Or i'm really tempted to drive it off a cliff.

Last edited by Ben; 19-11-2011 at 12:47 AM.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote