View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #226
mattylagana

Car: Ba 323 Astina hatch V6
having given up on my engine swap i decided the next best mod would be to change my dieing slipping clutch thats been dieing slowly for the last six months, so I swapped it out for a sports stuff heavy duty clutch , massive downside i wanted to do it myself in turn this resulted in having to take the engine out it was the best a quickest way, so after upgrading the clutch i wanted more power, as you do , so i decided on a weight reduction, so i stripped all my sounds system and boot plastics, spare tyre, jack, tools etc,
which resulted in weight reduction of a awesome 79kgs ( 30kgs is something every ba owner can lose, and the rest was loose junk and sound system etc. My weight reductions got my 0-100 time from a 8.6 with a friend timing on my say so, to a 8.1 after my reduction with sly in the car who is a bit bigger then the mate that was with me in the first run. (all 0-100 test were carried out on a friends farm, on a concrete strip)
>97' V6 MAZDA 323 S3|Sunroof|18"x8" RX8 rims|Custom Cold air intake|klze headers, 100cpi cat, resi delete, Apexi back box|Top Gun Leads/NGK Platinum Iridium plugs|Soundstream Sound|Lowered on yellow speeds|Whiteline heavy duty swaybar|cusco front strutty|momo steering|short shifter|Lantis door sills|
This is my girl sxc isn't she? http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18139

Last edited by mattylagana; 12-11-2012 at 12:20 PM.
mattylagana is offline   Reply With Quote