View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 08:21 AM   #8
Ice88

Car: Blue SP20
I did yeah. I even have an ecu for sale if you come to that decision.

When you go for agro cams its a little like going for a big turbo in that your down low suffers. You can compensate and get back some or all (pending how agro) of that bottom end drive ability by adding plenty of timing down low.

It also allows you to compensate for errors in the stock tuning.

For instance the FS engine runs dangerously lean at about 3k rpm. At 3.5k rpm its still pretty lean. Granted the stock engine can compensate, and using voltage clamps you can set it go open loop. But these are bandaid fixes and really arent allowing you to get the most out of your engine.

The other aspect is, if youve just spent 3-5k on an engine rebuild, do you really wanna risk it by running the stock ECU? Im doing that myself which is incredibly risky. I can attempt this only as my engine wont be dealing with positive pressures even then its not ideal.

If you really want to get out this cheaply you can get a splitsecond afc which will control fuel and air. It will not do timing which is where you get alot of your power from. Its also never been utilised on an aussie ECU before and i personally dont think itd work that well on an aussie ecu (least not when combined with a turbo).

Last edited by Ice88; 10-12-2013 at 08:23 AM.
Ice88 is offline   Reply With Quote