View Single Post
Old 29-01-2005, 08:58 PM   #3
chicaboo

Car: Touge monster
Hi Pope',

It'd be nice if you could make it, if you're against driving up to Springwood, you could always join in at the Hinterland somewhere? But it would be really nice if you guys could run the full length, as I'm trying to expose you lot to something a little new and different from the usual Northern mountain ranges...
The driving is pretty good unless you get stuck behind a truck heading into the twisties at the bottom of the mountain, this can happen sometimes... Generally I think part of the whole Tamborine experience is to take in the scenery, if you do get stuck behind slow pokes it gives you a chance to take advantage of this. Unless it's a truck, then it sucks the big one...
But I really must stress how steep the far south side of the mountain is in a couple of spots. It puts the Samford valley decline to shame, so you will need to be carefull. The regulars all know how to drive, so I won't say anymore about that...
When I'm more organised I'll check out the calendar for some dates and tout about some options, but ofcourse you guys are welcome to do so aswell.

Gav.
chicaboo is offline   Reply With Quote