View Single Post
Old 04-01-2006, 06:59 PM   #9
Red Frog

Car: My feet :p
Lunch!!

Now, time to inform you of our lunch plans.
LUNCH

Earlier on, Arden mentioned a great place in Berrima called the Surveyor General Inn. I have been tossing up between this place and The White Horse Inn, but felt the Surveyor had a better meal deal and also a nicer setting for a large gathering of people. The White Horse Inn require a $200 deposit which is non-refundable. So....with that, I just called the Surveyor Inn and the lovely lady will be setting aside approximately 30 chairs for the day in the Beer Garden!!! And if it's bad weather, she's going to book the private function room available for us. Ah, country people are so nice

The Surveyor General is the oldest continuously licenced inn in all of Australia, built in 1834, so it has a very interesting history to it!! It is set on the Old Hume Hwy (Berrima's main throughfare) and has a fantastic beer garden (yah! the Beery!) where we can eat from their yummy Bistro Menu (Prices have changed slightly). Please have a look at this and have a think about what you would like on the day, as there will be a lot of us ordering all at once. And for all those carnivorous lunchers, there is a Cook your own on the BBQ, so you get it cooked how you like it - still mooing?

Hoping to arrive between 12.30-1pm for lunch, so we have a couple of hours to eat and relax on the lovely lawn, under the trees, sipping on light beers or soft drinks for our P drivers

Now for everyone thinkin "Where will I park my car?", I too, have that figured out! For those people who don't want to park on the main street or outside the Inn, there is a little lane way beside the Inn (on the right hand side) that leads to a carpark behind. When i was there on Sunday, both carparks were full, BUT across the road, opposite the Inn there is a grass area where you can park. It's a bit "off-road" so if you are fully-sick low, then I suggest parking on the street.

So I hope all of you are starting to feel peckish or are licking your lips in anticipation of our lunch stop - lol well, I am! And I hope this arrangement pleases everyone. If anyone has any dietary needs, please PM me and I will pass it on to the Inn.

Can't wait for the 28th!!