View Single Post
Old 22-09-2012, 05:51 PM   #2
JDM323

Car: 2002 BJ2 protege
Send a message via ICQ to JDM323
rears

the rears need to be fitted with the left caliper on the right and the right caliper on the left to keep the bleed nipples to the top, the calipers also need to be spaced out 4-5mm for the 4 stud vehicles and 5 stud vehicles would have to check to confirm.
the backing plates have to have the outer lip trimmed or folded flat as i did to mine and a new pair of handbrake cables have to be made 250mm longer than the originals at the rear(inner+outer) and re-fitted with the original mounting brackets and secured to the rear of the trailing arm after connecting to the caliper,the original rear hoses and bolts fit straight up, everything else is just standard procedure for fitting and bleeding brakes but since you are already running new fluid through the brake system now is also the time to bleed new fluid through the clutch too for manual(stickshift) owners.
here's some pictures to fill in the gaps.
rear 1st try then swapped over to get working properly excuse the point+shoot camera skills.

I have since refitted stock handbrake cables and fitted mazdaspeed protege rear calipers.

Last edited by JDM323; 21-08-2016 at 08:54 AM.
JDM323 is offline   Reply With Quote