View Single Post
Old 03-11-2004, 07:03 PM   #60
chicaboo

Car: Touge monster
Hey guys,

I've always looked at the SP20 with admiration since it's realease and thought it has timeless looks that won't date. But when I bought my car I wasn't in the mind for doing it up at that stage of my life and settled on saving a few $$$ and bought the 1.8. Many people (some from this forum) have questioned me on WTF would I now turn my 1.8 into an SP20? Well, I'M NOT!
The SP18 project is something that I wanted to renew my passion for cars. It has been 10 years since my first car that I used to play with all the time in the garage. The idea of the SP18 is to utililise the beautiful Mazda bodykit while making an auto 1.8 that will out perform a manual SP20.
Originally I was looking at going NA mainly due to the outright cost of a ridgey didge turbo, some $10,000. But after sniffing around and talking to people about the pros and cons of each alternative, I came to the decision that turbo would be way to best suit my goals $ for $.
Hopefully this Poll will reveal enough 1.8 enthusiasts over the coming months to make a group buy possible so that we can all have the pleasure of pssst. I love my car, I prefer it's looks and feel to many other cars, and yes if we spent more $$$ we could be driving friggin' Skylines and Supras like everyone else. But I'm a big guy with a small wallet and personally am not attracted to sports coupes like these anyway. So if we can all combine our ideas to find a working stable affordable solution for the BJ 1.8, I think we can all have fun while maintaining a small but wonderful niché in the performance community...

Gav.
chicaboo is offline   Reply With Quote