Thread: Upgrade audio
View Single Post
Old 25-10-2002, 08:57 PM   #26
Critter

Car: SP20
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Well, here a VRx Audison goes for about 20% more than a PG ti series of similar power. They are the Real Deal when it comes to SQ which is all I'm interested in (see my sig).

The Soundstreams are excellent without a doubt too, Xtant, Signat LABs, Butler Tube Drivers, there's a whole bunch of nice amps really and the US Amps are well-regarded but haven't heard one.

The Phase Linear sub I have never seen here and I've been around the biz for quite a while (over 20 years....) They used to sell hi-power domestic amps and then disappeared from Australia altogether with occasional re-emergences.

I am one person however from LOTS of experience who believes that the enclosure, its design, appropriateness and construction (especially) are far more important to a bass performance result than any particular drive unit.

My current bass system in the car uses a Kicker S12L72 ported to 30Hz and is an object lesson I think in this. Kicker holds the world record for SPL with L7s and also Mark Eldridge has the world record SQ score with S15L7s in his car.
Which is not to say the L7 is somehow the most fantastic woofer, rather that it if you use a good thing well....[/colorost_uid0]
Adjustable lowered suspension with monster brakes
Critter is offline   Reply With Quote