View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 04:39 AM   #5
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
Toyota's Main aim internationally is not in Racing anymore. Once they pulled out of F1 - they saw the main aim to be in the Eco- future energy race. EG - they have money - they ain't wasting it on SHORT TERM GOALS. They will join eventually

But you might say - but what about US - NASCAR. US NAscar is market on it's own bigger then the total Sales market of toyotas cars in Australia.
**** - with the way the world and it's Multinations are still restructuring to feed the Rich. You will be lucky to see Aus made cars in 10 years.

Also - Do remember Nissan is now effectively French ****. Renualt will be pushing this more so. It will only be time before we could see, Nissan Renualt dealers, more main streem.

All this future car crap is Good but I don't actually think it will work as well as it has for like the FIA GT1 categorys.

Australians do like to really Relate to the cars. We have tendancy to spot the fakes more so. Race cars with Selling shells is good but if history has shown it. Look at the former ARC - WRC cars of the mid to late 90's. I expect more relation as now with the UN-restricted class it's almost like Modified Rally/ Road cars. I expect to see even more aftermarket push - you could see, Equivlant to say UK Prodrive version of car releasedby say MRT or something.

I doubt still with Australians tastes going more towards Euro types in recent years to see, Crysler 300C's or even cheaper Dodge Magnum versions.

Of course I'liek to see it keep all Australians busy and employed.

Too bad mazda Killed the 929 ?
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote