View Single Post
Old 22-05-2010, 01:38 PM   #6
DavoAust

Car: Red '93 3000GT / Black '08 Ninja 250R
Send a message via MSN to DavoAust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
PLANNED FUTURE WORK:

Performance engine replacement or custom build (depends on which is cheaper)
Fwd to rwd conversion
Get the engine out of a familia turbo (GTX/GTR if you're special), rebuild that to take more boost. You have a '97 and therefore an F-series box, you'll need to replace that with a G-series or you'll break it. You'll probably end up breaking the G-series if you're running serious boost & haven't upgraded it. Some members have gotten 200wkw+ out of this, most of the daily drivers have 140wkw~.

as for the fwd->rwd conversion, last time i worked it out, i could get a clean '99 WRX (my fav ) and do minor mods for the same price as turbo rwd/awd conversion.

Unless you go full custom and get the drivetrain from a different car, you'll probably want to hunt down the box, rear diff etc from an awd protege. you'll have to completely hack up the rear floor pan & relocate the fuel tank etc but it could be done. Other potential option for rwd would be canabalising a NA/NB mx-5. either way get ready to open your wallet and throw handfuls of cash at it
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

'97 1.8L Hardtop
'93 3.0L TT 3000GT
DavoAust is offline   Reply With Quote