View Single Post
Old 13-04-2007, 06:16 PM   #55
mrpayner

Car: 2013 Mazda 6 GT Sedan - Soul Red
Just a heads up.. both my brother and i have encountered the same issue with our S2 IS in the last month [and it's apparently a regular occurance with S1 IS as well], and that issue is that of a sticky shutter. Mine did it intermittedely, turning the power off then on again usually resolved the issue. However there was no warning with my brothers camera. Mine is now not opening at all either. We've both had our camera's for over a year, and this is most disappointing.

I know that Chicabooooooooo has also got the same camera, without issues at the moment.

Apprently Canon USA was repairing the S1 IS free of charge as it had something to do with the lense assembly/shutter mechanism/CCD system and they replaced the whole assembly [around US$150].

Anyone with an S1 IS or S2 IS had any problems with theirs? I'll be writing to Canon to express my dis-satisfaction and demand a repair free of charge. I"ll post results.

Ad's

2013 Mazda6 Diesel GT ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[Formerly] 2004 Mazda6 Luxury Sport
mrpayner is offline   Reply With Quote