View Single Post
Old 23-01-2006, 06:41 PM   #50
woofy

Car: Race Blue RS Octavia hatch, Black Santa Fe Elite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezin
Um when i bought my sp20 hatch on 13-feb 2002 with a build date of 12/01 they recieved my car and the special model protege on the same truck and they gave me the choice to change my mind but i hated the interior/headlights and the fact it wasnt a hatch but it was a lot cheaper. anyway theres no way then that the model started in april 02 more like 12/01 since it takes about 2 months to get it here from japan (may be looking at the complience plate and not the build date) Its dam hard to know the actual first cars from a model line up unless u speak to mazda i would say.
Production date (build) on our Sports edition is 1/04/02 and it was delivered 31/05/02. There was no mention of them at the 2002 car show in march, so the one you saw may have been the first, every one I have seen so far was received in May or June. They weren't cheaper either, they were exactly the same price as the BJII SP20, it wasn't until the line of SP20 sedans started (BJIIJ48)that they dropped in price and were slightly less than the hatches.

I like the interior better, I never realised it was different, but compared to our friends 2001 SP20 it still looks new, and doesn't have threads to pull.
woofy is offline   Reply With Quote