View Single Post
Old 22-11-2009, 01:29 PM   #91
Rupewrecht
Administrator

Car: AZ-1, Astina Hardtop Turbo, BJ Protege, Beetle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo Dude View Post
Do you know the UV resistance of the fabric you chose?
Actually, i have no idea, and it didn't really cross my mind. I've stuck some hanging up in the sun to see what happens to it, so i'll see i guess! I have bought some marine canopy UV treatment stuff, so i might give that a try and see if it changes the color etc.

So, after leaving it to dry for a few weeks, i put a steering wheel back on and put a seat in it, as i was having withdrawl from driving it. Had to go to a mates place, and it happened to bucket down while i was out.

The good: The drainage channels work perfectly, there's no leaks inside the cabin, and it operates without a hitch.

The bad: none!

I've cut the centre out of the original headlining and removed all the original aftermarket foam lining off the sunroof unit. I think the best plan of attack will be to put the headlining in, stick the foam in place over the sunroof unit and then but the material over (over?) the top. I don't think it'll be possible to do it with the headlining out as i'd hoped, and trying to allow for the contours of the sunroof unit etc might create problems.

Either way, the headlining is on the backburner. The next thing it to meet up wth a mate to get him to rewire the ASC sunroof controls to work with the Mazda OEM sunroof control i've got. He's had a quick look, and reckons i'll be no problem.

This then changes me using the original centre roof light - which gets positioned behind the sunroof opening - so about 15cm further back, which makes the map lights useless. So next quest is to find the centre roof light with the door controls but not the map lights, which shouldn't be too hard, i hope! I can get rid of the original one, as the Mazda OEM sunroof controls have the maps lights as part of the unit, which positions just behind the rear view mirror stalk. Much neater then. So yeah, no headliner unit all that is sorted out.

jdmparts.rupewrecht.com
Sourcing your not-quite-overnight parts from Japan

WRECHT--|--SLOWTEGE--|--BEETLE--|--SUBSTITUTE--|--AZ-1

Rupewrecht is offline   Reply With Quote