View Single Post
Old 17-02-2013, 08:59 PM   #10
Orion
SP20 Member!

Car: Mazda SP20 sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by project.r.racing View Post
generate more interest, add a price.
If there is a decent enough group then I would guesstimate that the price would be somewhere around $2-300. The tricky bit will be getting the centres designed and produced. After that it is just time for the machine work on the stock cam gears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafferty View Post
I'm interested But I've got a stock motor would that benefit me? Also more info would be good… For example Chris (Ice88) Has an SP20 Are they the same for the 1.8 L? And if someone that has them can share their experiences with them for example can you tune the timing yourself or not? Do you need a different setting for everyday city driving and one for racing? Pros and Cons that sort of thing.
I'll answer some questions in dot points:
- will suit either FP or FS engines
- stock motors will have less benefit than modded motors
- you can adjust the timing yourself and there is information on the web about the effects (http://www.compcams.com/Pages/413/ca...ion-angle.aspx)
- Unless you are going to cut a holes in your valve cover and timing belt cover, then you would probably only make an adjustment once in a while (6-12 months). On a stock motor you probably wont see enough of a difference to change it for a race day.
- Not too many cons, because you can always return the cam gears to 0-0 or put the stock ones back in. Lots of pro's (depending on adjustment) that range from improved fuel economy to improved power.

Exhaust: Autoexe headers; Custom midpipe; Racing Beat catback
Engine: AWR mounts; Twiggy cams; Custom CAI; RR Racing UDP; Mishimoto rad
EMS: Microtech LT-10; J&S Safeguard;
Gearbox: MSP LSD; Fidanza flywheel; 5th gear
Rims/Suspension: MX-5 rims; Tokico Illuminas; Eibach Pro-kit; Progress RSB; AutoExe STB
Exterior: MSP front lip & rear spoiler; Matt V headlights; AutoExe grill; EDM tails
Interior: JVC AVX-77; Autometer gauges; DaveBs; B&M shifter
Projects to come: Engine rebuild
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote