View Single Post
Old 11-06-2016, 12:36 PM   #16
Jazzy

Car: BJII SP20 Astina 5spd
Ok... so I've been using the Torque app and OBD adaptor for a week or so now. With my limited driving (on my L's) I've been able to get some great information from it. Scanned for fault codes and I only had one code () on first scan, relating to catalytic converter I believe. Cleared the fault codes a few days ago and have done about 25km's of driving since to see if that particular fault code will pop up again. I did a scan for faults just before, after a short drive. It hasn't! But there is this in the emission monitors. I will investigate further as to why Catalyst is showing 'Incomplete'.

Some of the other useful realtime information available for BJII SP20...

Interesting that when the Speedo is showing exactly 60Km/h, these are the results showing with GPS and ECU. Top display is GPS, and bottom is direct ECU output. Seems that the GPS is closer to the Speedo reading. This is with factory wheel and tyre size. But I'm guessing the ECU output is probably the true speed.

Conclusion, well worth it. Ok so the BJII SP20 OBD doesn't have the same amount of info available post 2009 vehicles, but still great information for the beginner (me). Only wish there was a air/fuel ratio meter available. But there is fuel trim, which you can use to monitor A/F ratios. Just leaning on how to do that at present. All in all, a great way to keep an eye on the SP20's health.
Jazzy is offline   Reply With Quote