View Single Post
Old 01-01-2016, 11:27 PM   #167
Orion
SP20 Member!

Car: Mazda SP20 sedan
One item on the list of things to do was to attach the spacer between the engine and the gearbox to the block to enable an easier installation when the engine is finally ready to go.

Unfortunately, this meant that the clutch and flywheel needed to be disassembled so that the spacer could go in behind them onto the block. In order to do this, a very technical piece of equipment had to be err ... fashioned, to assist with torquing down the flywheel bolts - see below:

Installed pictures below:

Hopefully in the next few weeks there will be a lot of accessorising as all of the bit and pieces that I have floating around in my workshop make their way onto the block.

Stay tuned people, hopefully the next update will be in the next week or two and not 11 months like last time. Perhaps, even, 2016 will be the year that this engine finally goes in and gets running. If nothing else it will clear up a heap of room in my workshop and give me lots of space for games and activities

Exhaust: Autoexe headers; Custom midpipe; Racing Beat catback
Engine: AWR mounts; Twiggy cams; Custom CAI; RR Racing UDP; Mishimoto rad
EMS: Microtech LT-10; J&S Safeguard;
Gearbox: MSP LSD; Fidanza flywheel; 5th gear
Rims/Suspension: MX-5 rims; Tokico Illuminas; Eibach Pro-kit; Progress RSB; AutoExe STB
Exterior: MSP front lip & rear spoiler; Matt V headlights; AutoExe grill; EDM tails
Interior: JVC AVX-77; Autometer gauges; DaveBs; B&M shifter
Projects to come: Engine rebuild
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote