View Single Post
Old 20-06-2007, 03:04 PM   #13
DavoAust

Car: Red '93 3000GT / Black '08 Ninja 250R
Send a message via MSN to DavoAust
i'd say it'd be a better heavy duty matting. depends on how good a job you want to do. if you want to do a good job for low price i'd say deaden the outer skin using the bitumen matting and then do the inside skin with the lighter rubbery stuff..

assuming you use 3 sheets of the heavy bitumen deadening (maybe more, i havent taken a good look at the outside skin. may need 4)
5 sheets of rubber deadening.. cost about $150 for all the deadening material. (plus paint if you want it to be perfect)
if you're planning on sealing the holes and making baffles etc as well it'll cost more for the MDF, tape and gasket paper..

thats what i'm planning on doing.. will take a while, but the results should be very good (probably better if i used dynamat etc, but the price would be much higher to get material for inside and outside skins, guesstimate around $250+).

I'm planning on following the same steps as the fhrx studios install example in this section (thread is stickied, take a look)
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

'97 1.8L Hardtop
'93 3.0L TT 3000GT

Last edited by DavoAust; 20-06-2007 at 03:18 PM.
DavoAust is offline   Reply With Quote