View Single Post
Old 26-03-2008, 10:15 AM   #15
Sleepy Gonzalez
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 2002 Mazda 323 Astina 2.5 V6 manual
I went to the panel beater's to check on the repairs to my car after a taxi tried to straight line it through a roundabout. We have these really cool roundabouts in a 100kph zone, but you have to be super defensive when going quickly, as people tend to cut the corners, not indicate, cut you off as they enter etc. This taxi driver was a shocker. Not only was he blocking the right lane in a 100 zone, he failed to indicate or check his mirror before changing lanes approaching the roundabout. The road bends right then left to merge onto the roundabout. I was minding my own business in the left lane and as I passed him, he cut the corner into my lane. The choices were to brake and T-bone him, Jump the kerb into the ditch and lightpole at over 60kph or keep going while trying to squeeze through against the kerb and hope he sees me. This sort of thig happens quite often, but this time I got hit when I chose the latter. He hit my right rear corner, thankfully without spinning me out.

So now I have yet another car to drive, a Holden Epica. Comfy, quiet, smooth on rough roads, heaps of neat stuff in the cabin. But, I hate it. It's awful to try and drive quickly in town. Stupid auto. Beats walking though!
Sleepy Gonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote