View Single Post
Old 14-04-2013, 08:27 PM   #49
HMT

Car: '94 Astina hatch, '93 Astina, '94 NA8C Roadster, '96 MX-3 V6, '00 Astina 1.8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMAN View Post
you may think that, but the BP is a much more powerful motor and has greatly more potential of producing more power than stock.... forget the specs, they aren't really factual... let's just say mazda overrated the Z5 and underrated the BP

besides, there are far more parts for the BP and the BP is a much stronger engine than the Z5... the Z5 have a weak valvetrain, and in fact mazda actually issued a recall for the very early Z5 engines for broken valve springs!

the fact remains that a Z5 powered 323 is slow and the BP makes it much more tolerable... I don't know about you, but if I lived in germany, I'd like to have a car that can go faster than 200km/h
Ok, let me clarify: I like the BP a lot, i have it in my MX5 Roadster and its great, currently sitting like this:

So i know about the potential and its a good fit for the Roadster. Howeer, for the BA, i just dont want it any more since the K-series really is the way to go for me - so smooth and sounding like the sex If i decide on keeping the car i'll definetly swap in a KL at some point At the moment i have to sort out a few other things though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghetto3 View Post
I'd love to fang it on that autobahn!
You fellas could sure teach us a thing or two about road building thats for sure!
Go on give it a strap on the 'green hell' just for me.
Well, i have my MX5 for that