View Single Post
Old 14-09-2010, 09:13 PM   #63
Rupewrecht
Administrator

Car: AZ-1, Astina Hardtop Turbo, BJ Protege, Beetle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Familia View Post
Hi Dan. Do you know how many different variations exist for the Type-F seat? Some sport the MS logo on the headrest whilst others have the Mazdaspeed logo instead. Then there are those that use mesh type cushioning in the centre and others the normal suede with or without the Mazdaspeed logo.

I assume the Sports seat comes in just the Red, White and Black flavours, no variation there.

Also, do you have a preference for feel of the Sports vs Type-F? Does the synthetic leather of the Sports version burn your elbows and outer thighs on blistering hot days?
As far as i know it's like this for Type-F:
- black suede/black suede
- navy blue suede/navy blue suede
- grey suede/grey suede
- red suede/red suede
- black suede/grey mesh
- red suede/red mesh
- navy blue suede/navy blue mesh
- black suede/black mesh

The Sports were released in 1996 in the 3 colors, the black suede Type-F came out in 1997, the Type-T in 1999, the red suede/mesh Type-F in 2002, the grey suede Type-F in 2003, and the blue suede/mesh in 2004. I'm sure i remember seeing all suede versions of the red one though.

The logos on the headrest seem to be a bit random though - i can only guess it's different years of production. The later Sports don't seem to have the headrest logo, and one of the black Type-Fs i've got has never had any logos on it.

I've never had a Type-F in my car, but i've never had any burning issues with the Sports in my car in summer (and i don't have aircon). The mesh in the middle helps them breathe just enough. I wouldn't want all all-synthetic seat in summer though! I prefer the look of the Sports so i'll put up with a bit more heat

jdmparts.rupewrecht.com
Sourcing your not-quite-overnight parts from Japan

WRECHT--|--SLOWTEGE--|--BEETLE--|--SUBSTITUTE--|--AZ-1

Rupewrecht is offline   Reply With Quote