View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 03:10 PM   #30
wheeler33
AstinaGT Regular

Car: Wrangler JK
arrived

Okay guys' the grill came in today. As I don't know what the Autoexe is like (in the physical) its hard to compare the builds, i guess Marc can help out with. Packing was great, all done in bubble wrap and enclosed in newspaper + a box.

Down to the detail, I wasn't sure what to expect as I've never handled a grill before but from the feel it was light weight (obviously because of the materials). It wasn't flimsy, build seemed pretty sturdy, the only part that raised concerned, was the mesh. Basically from looks was fine, strength wise you could bend it by pushing on it and probably snap it off the clips if you push really hard (but reminded myself this is a cosmetic mod, was constructed for looks)[oh i guess if you hit a bird it would go clean through :P] Comparing it to stock the mesh on stock = 100x stronger but i guess this mod is for show. It seemed to be connected okay and don't expect any problems. Overall I didn't mind the way it was built as long as it looked straight, would hold together, not rattle, fit nice and make my ride 10 times better looking.

Build: Fairly sturdy, mesh would only be the weak point (not the strongest, but does the job). Attached by clips molded into the fiberglass. But nothing to worry about

Looks: From the front it looks symmetrical no exterior bumps showing. on the inside obviously you have the fiberglass workings and clips.

Overall: I'd say if you don't want to spend $400++ on an original and you just want to give your car a different face its worth trying. But if your looking for a show car finish, perfect and build to match go for the Autoexe.

Me personally i'll have to see it on the car and i'll add a description to describe how well it fits the contours.

but here are some photos:

sorry about the grease marks :P was eating chicken

Let me know what you guys think, particular i'd like to hear what marc has to say comparing to his autoexe and his replica he had.

Cheers guys.