View Single Post
Old 29-01-2006, 02:17 PM   #6
GrT

ahh tappet cover gaskets... biggest problem tely has too. Mazda stopped making them for the GC series 626/AR Telstar, so ya got to get aftermarket ones... that dont seal properly.

Are most Astina's still getting around on the original Clutch and CVs?

just curious, my Telstar has had the CVs done recently (280 thou on original CVs isnt bad! driveshafts, (oh that was a complicated process... **grumbles at dealer not know how to read part numbers**)

I think the only thing im gonna miss about my telstar is the exhaust, 85 cars dont have to have a catalytic converter, so basically i have no restrictions in the exhaust, and the muffler is straight through (well.. you can look through it and see the piping on the other side, but its technically not a straight through coz its offset), i've noticed the astina's snakes around a fair bit.

I've gotta go get a manual licence first, (I've only got Auto's, but i've got my test booked for within the next fortnight). After that If i get my finance approved ill be going shopping for a meana not necessarily greena astina May have to wait till April though... (talked to a finance person thingummy and they said It would be easier after the probation period for my traineeship is up)

The only thing that really attracted me to this 'stina at the car dealer was the fact that its pretty much immaculate (though the seats seem to be out of a BG SP, could be wrong though), and the fact that its only got 74000 on the clock, for a 12 year old car, thats 6200 a year :O thats about 120 a week.

Talked to some family members, a family member is now head of a used car dealership.... so i might be able to get a deal done
GrT is offline   Reply With Quote