View Single Post
Old 21-05-2007, 09:51 AM   #1
skitz
I'm not as dumb as my posts would indicate

Car: astina ba 97
Send a message via MSN to skitz
ABOUT: Coilover legalities in the ACT

well after hearing heaps of mates say they are legal and heaps say there not i decided to start pumping a few emails out and got this response:

Currently all Road Transport agencies in the States and Territories use a National Code of Practice (NCOP) for light vehicle construction and modification which can be found as Vehicle Standards Bulletin (VSB) No 14 which can be viewed and accessed at http://www.dotars.gov.au/roads/safet...tin/index.aspx

The use of coil over shocks is contained under Section LS, we are using the use of Coil Overs as a suspension strut or upright substitution, and therefore a modification to a vehicle.

In December 2006 the ACT conducted some market research with the regard to the use of Coil Over shocks with some suppliers and the engineering signatories and have come up with the following.

Until we can get clearer answer from all the states of the use of Coil Over, We are treating the use of Coil over suspension as a modification as such are requesting that an engineering report be submitted with the inspection of the modified vehicle.

Happy to discuss further should you require any further information or details.

Peter Hunter
Manager - Vehicle Safety
ACT Office of Transport
Level 6, Macarthur House
12 Wattle St Lyneham ACT 2602
PO Box 151, Civic Square ACT 2606

so there you have it in ACT you need an engineering cert to have them...

ow and how funny is that this email was addressed to Kylie damn him and his not getting my name right...

cheers kyle hope this helps some ppl

09 Mazda RX-8 GT

Wakefield Park: 1:14.8100

skitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links